Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Whispersync for voice?

I'm new to the Kindle world, so forgive me if this has been discussed before...but...this is the work of the devil! And it's pretty damn cool

I was reading the first episode of Scalzi's new serial, and saw this on the Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Human-Divi...pd_cp_kstore_0

So I can get the professional narration for only .49 because I've got the book, and to be able to pick up right where I left off in the book just seems soooo neat!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
So I can get the professional narration for only .49 because I've got the book, and to be able to pick up right where I left off in the book just seems soooo neat!
If you go here, you can get the audio version free.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I got it, even though I'm about 15 minutes from finishing the book lol.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard

I've got no idea how it works....it's not syncing automatically like they say it will.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whispersync for Voice is definitely way cool. Amazon has nearly 20,000 titles available and the list is still growing. Below are some links for the program and some free and reduced price titles.

Amazon Whispersync (19,525 titles)

Also, if you check out eligible Kindle titles from the library, you can purchase the Audible titles without having to buy the Kindle version.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I've got no idea how it works....it's not syncing automatically like they say it will.
I've never tried it. I prefer audiobooks over ebooks. So if given a choice, I'll opt for the audiobook and totally bypass the ebook.

My interest in this program is to get audiobooks at reduced pricing.

ps: have you synched both books with wifi on?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

I don't know how to sync with audible, I don't really get the option. I think the "free" book isn't whispersync approved maybe?

EDIT: I'm using the Android App
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I don't know how to sync with audible, I don't really get the option. I think the "free" book isn't whispersync approved maybe?

EDIT: I'm using the Android App
Go to the $0.49 Audible version and see if the stock number in the URL matches the free version (B00AWSNTUS).
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

It's different:

B00AJUJGNS
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's different:

B00AJUJGNS
Like you said, maybe that's why it's not synching.

Maybe someone else can shed further light on this. I don't have any of these, so I can't try it out.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

I'll mess around with it later, wish that I could use my Amazon GC on the Audible stuff, but it doesn't seem they are linked at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard

I just tried this out....wow....creepy. Technology these days.