Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Orbital -- Joe Abercrombie's Best Served Cold for $2.99

Orbital's book this month is Joe Abercrombie's Best Served Cold

Orbital
Amazon
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Also $2.99 for Nook.

Quote:
Synopsis
Dark fantasy meets hard-boiled thriller in a stand-alone tale of revenge, set in the world of acclaimed author Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
This is a great book, definitely worth the $2.99. (Heck, worth the $6.99 or whatever I paid for the paperback.) It is dark and includes lots of graphic violence and some sex. I really liked it, but it won't be for everybody.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
It sounds just like my sort of thing, but unfortunately due to geo-restrictions it will stay on my TBR list for a while longer.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
It sounds just like my sort of thing, but unfortunately due to geo-restrictions it will stay on my TBR list for a while longer.
Might want to let the author know. I emailed him a while back before his books were available in the U.S. (he's a British author) and he was very responsive. He may be able to push his publisher or find someone to distribute his ebook where you're located.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Sounds interesting. Is this a continuation of his First Law series?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Sounds interesting. Is this a continuation of his First Law series?
It's in the same world (but a different country), and takes place after the First Law series, and there are a couple of characters who were secondary characters in the series. That said, I wouldn't really consider it a continuation since it doesn't have much to do with the stories of the main characters of the series. I think it would be reasonable to read it without having read the series first, but you might get more out of it having read the series.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Might want to let the author know. I emailed him a while back before his books were available in the U.S. (he's a British author) and he was very responsive. He may be able to push his publisher or find someone to distribute his ebook where you're located.
Thanks, I've emailed him so we'll see what happens.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
This is a great book, definitely worth the $2.99. (Heck, worth the $6.99 or whatever I paid for the paperback.) It is dark and includes lots of graphic violence and some sex. I really liked it, but it won't be for everybody.
I'm debating whether to buy this or not-- how graphic are we talking here? Something like a Bernard Cornwell kind of graphic?
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Cool - I was looking to try something from this author and $2.99 is a low risk. Thanks for the heads-up.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbrainbb View Post
I'm debating whether to buy this or not-- how graphic are we talking here? Something like a Bernard Cornwell kind of graphic?
Better start reading the first trilogy before jumping on this book. They are not entirely connected yet it all happens in the same universe and you'll miss a lot of the background.

I've not read Bernard Cornwell so can't do any comparison - I personally don't find the books disturbing.
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
jehane
Book addict

I'm impressed - already received a reply!
My question:
Quote:
Just wondering if there is any chance your books will become available in epub format for the Australian region.
And response:
Quote:
I very much hope so, but that kind of thing tends to be somewhat out of my hands. I'll raise the issue.
So now to see what happens...

Caleb: did you use a VPN or other method?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
natasha_fawn
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbrainbb View Post
I haven't read anything by Bernard Cornwell (yet) either, so I'm afraid I can't compare that way. The violence involves torture and variously creative killing. Abercrombie is not known for glossing over uncomfortable things, so don't expect any cuts away from the gore. It's definitely R-rated. The sex is fairly graphic, though not frequent, and emphasizes the inherent awkwardness. Abercrombie's books tend to be very cynical, for what it's worth.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #14
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Caleb: did you use a VPN or other method?
I just purchased from Amazon as usual - no problems.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #15
jehane
Book addict

hmmm...I get told that it's not available for Australia. When I originally registered K4PC I said I was in the US, but when I tried to download some free titles I got an email saying I was trying to download from outside the US and could I provide proof of residence/citizenship. Which I couldn't of course, so I changed it to Australia so at least I know before I download whether it's going to be successful or not. Wasn't available in epub to Australia either.