Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #91
gecko666
gecko666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
So has anyone tried/found a way to flash the newest Jetbook firmware on the Libre? Any pointer how to get to it?
gecko666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:59 AM   #92
Alik
Alik began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
FYI, I successfully flashed back to Jetbook v0.33h firmware after adding the file data/JL09 to the firmware. All disclaimers apply... it worked for mine but if it hoses yours, I am not responsible.

http://drop.io/libretojetbook
Hello, I just tried to flash my Libre with fw0.17d, patch v17 to this modified Jetbook firmware. After confirmation to do it, Libre copied file to internal memory and then show message: Firmware upgrade failed, please use firmware version higher than v0.17.
Is there any other way how to use this jetbook fw ? I just want it because of support czech symbols for .fb2 files. Thanks for any help.
Alik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #93
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I think someone will need to check the Libre firmware and repatch JB/Libre. I don't have the time to do it, but the process is in this thread and this one:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...il+eye+jetbook
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #94
lucy04
lucy04 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
libre-35g

since 35g beta has pdf reflow, I don't need libre firmware anymore so I flashed back to 35g and what I get is exactly the same as before. I would like jetbook could read Chinese and furthur more simple note taking like a telephone number. But it is difficult to hack. Looks like LCD and netbook, within a year, ereaders will be cheaper and better.
lucy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #95
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
This sounds delightful, but none of the modified FWs would upgrade my poor JB with or without the 'ebook-' in the filename.

BooHoo.
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote