Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
dleach
dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony
Cannot sign into Sony Reader app for iPad

I downloaded the new Sony Reader app for iPad, but when I try to sign in and it asks for my Abode ID and password, it doesn't work even though I can sign into my Adobe account on my Mac. Any ideas on why this is happening?
dleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
staticradar
staticradar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm having the exact same issue it's weird maybe just because the app is so new they haven't worked out all the kinks. I really want this to finally work as I have a lot of books on my Sony account.
staticradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
NSBooklady
NSBooklady began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Count me in too. I even reset my Adobe password in case I'd forgotten it and I can log in on my PC but not from my iPad. I'm sure they'll fix it ...eventually. I haven't used my Sony Reader in a month of Sundays and looked forward to using the iPad app. lready have the Kindle and Kobo apps installed and they rock.
NSBooklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
dleach
dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.

hahaha I reset my Adobe password, too. I still use my Sony ereader mostly, but also have the Kobo app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBooklady View Post
Count me in too. I even reset my Adobe password in case I'd forgotten it and I can log in on my PC but not from my iPad. I'm sure they'll fix it ...eventually. I haven't used my Sony Reader in a month of Sundays and looked forward to using the iPad app. lready have the Kindle and Kobo apps installed and they rock.
dleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
staticradar
staticradar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
restarted my ipad and now i'm able to login
staticradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
i got an email from sony about the ios issues:

Dear Reader,

An update on Reader™ for iPhone®, iPad® & iPod touch®—

We experienced problems earlier today with customers activating new devices. This may have affected your first experience with our new Reader App. These issues have now been resolved and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you've had issues activating Reader for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch, please try again.

We hope you enjoy the new app!

Sincerely, Reader Store Team
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
lbell
lbell began at the beginning.

Unable to Log In Sony Reader App iPad

I received the email saying problems solved, but still can not get past the Adobe ID log in. I have an old Adobe ID that is not an email.
Has anybody had any luck using an old Adobe ID?
lbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
NSBooklady
NSBooklady began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbell View Post
I received the email saying problems solved, but still can not get past the Adobe ID log in. I have an old Adobe ID that is not an email.
Has anybody had any luck using an old Adobe ID?
I received the same message and, when I tried, I was able to log in without a hitch. What if you uninstall the app and then reinstall it?
NSBooklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
Peterh1952
Peterh1952 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
ipad app sign in problem - Sony reader

I have had the same problem. Solution: Go to ipad settings. go to Date and Time. Ensure that the time zone is set to your local time zone (wherever your ipad is at that moment - just start typing the nearest city and it will populate the box). Then, ensure that your manually set the date and time to correspond. Finally log in using the app - you will see all your purchases and be able to download.
Peterh1952 is offline   Reply With Quote