Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #91
westim
westim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AuraHD
Question Wall adapter?

Anyone know if this comes with a wall adapter for charging? i'm guessing it only comes with USB but didn't see an adapter that listed the Aura specifically.
westim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #92
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I doubt it will come with a wall adapter, but you can use any USB charger with Kobo products.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Thanks for the link. Both covers look very, very snazzy. The temptation to preorder is growing by the minute, I already tried to rationalize it to my husband, who doesn't want to orphan our other ebook readers.
The 505 is already an orphan. Let it rest in peace.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #94
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 505 is already an orphan. Let it rest in peace.
My husband has adopted it, and doesn't want to upgrade, even though I've offered to buy him a new ebook reader on several occasions - he just loves the 505. That leaves me with the 350 and the T1. I've offered to give him the T1 to use as a backup reader, while I would have the Aura and the 350, but he is not interested!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #95
Suzanne10023
Suzanne10023 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glo
Can the Aura HD run Kindle/Nook apps?

Hi! I'm so tempted by the Kobo Aura HD. What could be better than e-ink on a bigger screen? I read quickly and my eyes aren't good enough anymore for tiny fonts, so I'm turning pages constantly on a 6" reader.

But I have a question - I've already amassed a lot of books for the Nook and Kindle, and I'm not willing to commit exclusively to one book vendor. Is it possible to run Nook and Kindle apps on the Kobo Aura HD? Would I have to root it (and if so, how)?

I guess what I truly want is a full-sized Droid tablet in e-ink rather than color, but so far as I know no one has made one yet. Unless this is it.
Suzanne10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
My husband has adopted it, and doesn't want to upgrade, even though I've offered to buy him a new ebook reader on several occasions - he just loves the 505. That leaves me with the 350 and the T1. I've offered to give him the T1 to use as a backup reader, while I would have the Aura and the 350, but he is not interested!
All i have is the 650. I'm thinking of the Aura. I'm wondering if I should go for it or wait till others have it in hand to say how it is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #97
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne10023 View Post
But I have a question - I've already amassed a lot of books for the Nook and Kindle, and I'm not willing to commit exclusively to one book vendor. Is it possible to run Nook and Kindle apps on the Kobo Aura HD? Would I have to root it (and if so, how)?
Not possible to run apps and I don't think there is any root option yet. The only way to use them would be gettting to Apprentice Alf to free the books and Calibre to convert Kindle books.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #98
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All i have is the 650. I'm thinking of the Aura. I'm wondering if I should go for it or wait till others have it in hand to say how it is.
I'm wondering the same thing. Last night before I went to bed I had told myself that I'd preorder it today, but now I'm thinking that I'll hold off a bit. I wonder if Chapters will have demo models before the Aura is actually up for sale...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #99
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
This might be my next ereader I've totally lost faith with Sony and I've been very impressed with my dad's Kobo Mini as long as there aren't any major issues or something that's been missed I think I'll bite after it's been on the market a few months.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #100
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I will wait until someone buys it and see how they go first.
I'm very interested though.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #101
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Thanks for the link. Both covers look very, very snazzy. The temptation to preorder is growing by the minute, I already tried to rationalize it to my husband, who doesn't want to orphan our other ebook readers.
Maybe you should upgrade your husband first?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #102
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I will take this one into account and see how it compares with the next Sony entry. I need a new epub reader that is frontlit. So, right now, the Aura is in the lead, but I will be patient and wait.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #103
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I can't afford a new model
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #104
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
This might be my next ereader I've totally lost faith with Sony
Oh? What's happened with Sony's ereaders? (since that was where I was planning to go with my next ereader due to frustrations with Kobo's firmware on my Touch)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #105
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Originally Posted by HansTWN

Quote:
I can't afford a new model
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote