Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #16
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
But a lot are left out. I would dearly like to buy the Majistrum serie, but it is not available as ebook.
Let's hope they publish the latest Inspector Chang. The serie is delightful. The first two I read quickly, they are very good. The other two are there waiting...

Roughly half of their catalog is in ebooks, I would say. A pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Yes, dozens of, with many bundles (because I have them all) :-

http://www.webscription.net/m-8-night-shade-books.aspx
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm looking at this book (Black Magic Sanction), which Amazon has priced at $12.99, and says "This price was set by the publisher"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

And when I go to the Happercollins website, it says the list price is $11.99 and the final price is $9.59 for a 20% savings.

http://www.harpercollinsebooks.com/C...4-A68CFDA55E7C

So how does the Agency model pricing work? I thought it was the minimum a book/ebbok could be sold for?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
So how does the Agency model pricing work? I thought it was the minimum a book/ebbok could be sold for?
The agency model means that the publisher chooses the exact amount that a retailer can sell a book for. But there's no guarantee that the publisher will set the same price at all retailers (barring "most favored nations" clauses like Amazon/Apple seem to have negotiated), or that the publisher won't sell books for cheaper than it's having retailers sell the title for (except perhaps for those same "most favored nations" clauses, but even those might not necessarily apply).
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 AM   #19
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
But a lot are left out. I would dearly like to buy the Majistrum serie, but it is not available as ebook.
Let's hope they publish the latest Inspector Chang. The serie is delightful. The first two I read quickly, they are very good. The other two are there waiting...

Roughly half of their catalog is in ebooks, I would say. A pity.
Half is a lot more than most, of course!

I've actually mentioned some I would like to see to them and they have appeared, so can't hurt to do if there is something you want.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm looking at this book (Black Magic Sanction), which Amazon has priced at $12.99, and says "This price was set by the publisher"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

And when I go to the Happercollins website, it says the list price is $11.99 and the final price is $9.59 for a 20% savings.

http://www.harpercollinsebooks.com/C...4-A68CFDA55E7C

But, currently Harpercollins is not allowing you to purchase directly from them. So whatever other online shop has the lowest price is it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
agency model, harper collins, pricing