Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
USB Connection??

Hmmm .... well Windows XP is not recognizing the Kindle. It appears to think it needs a driver to work properly.

That's a little odd. Anyone else have this problem?? It's USB 2.0 ... my port I mean. And the HUB is powered.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Never mind ...

I called Kindle support and they just had me reset the Kindle. It is working fine now. Sorry if I took up anyone's time.
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Glad you fixed the problem!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Yeah, now if I could just see the system folder (won't let me no matter what I do), I'd be all set.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
What you need to do, in XP, is:

Sync the Kindle with your PC,
In the window showing your Kindle memory (mine is drive N) click on Tools then folder Options.
A new window pops up. Click on the View tab. Under Advanced Settings find Hidden Files and Folders. Click on the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button. Click OK.
You should now see the system folder for your Kindle.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert