Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #46
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeebe View Post
Thanks for asking. As the eBookman was created as an eReader and not a translator the reply is somewhat bogus but I didn't realize that the credit could be achieved by visiting a Sony Retail Store. This would be much better then sending in a device. Has anyone else tried the trade-in at a store?
No, but having been to a Sony Retail Store, I can predict that very likely they wouldn't know a translator from an ereader, so I would definitely give it a shot.

That was a little bit snarky, so let me also say that I have found the people in the store to be very nice. Unlike dealing with Sony the corporation. Yet another reason to try the store.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #47
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Hmm. I put my reader in the mail seven days ago. Nothing showing up with my tracking number yet. They did say it'd take a while and that is the worst part so far, a few weeks without an e-reader.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #48
caeebe
caeebe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
I'll be stopping by the store tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know my experience with them then (also if I immediately get my eCoupon or not). I really don't think I could go 1 month without a reader. I used to use my laptop 5 years ago but my newer laptop is much bigger and I definitely do not see myself going to bed with it.
caeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #49
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
I mailed in my reader twelve days ago, on the 5th, and still haven't heard from them. I suspect Sony may be trying to avoid offering sale prices when there is an added $75 credit. When I traded in another item six months ago, I received confirmation in less than a week.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #50
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak39 View Post
I mailed in my reader twelve days ago, on the 5th, and still haven't heard from them. I suspect Sony may be trying to avoid offering sale prices when there is an added $75 credit. When I traded in another item six months ago, I received confirmation in less than a week.
Just out of curiosity, what does it say under status for "estimated" date to be received at recycler? I mailed mine Monday Nov. 8th and it still says they are waiting to receive it with an estimated date of Nov. 20. I never thought it would be that long. If I'd known it was going to take this long I would've paid to ship it myself!

I'm going crazy without my Reader!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #51
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Just out of curiosity, what does it say under status for "estimated" date to be received at recycler? I mailed mine Monday Nov. 8th and it still says they are waiting to receive it with an estimated date of Nov. 20. I never thought it would be that long. If I'd known it was going to take this long I would've paid to ship it myself!

I'm going crazy without my Reader!
I mailed mine on the 8th also and my estimated receive date is the 19th.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #52
caeebe
caeebe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
Trade-in at the store if possible

Tonight I stopped by the Sony Style Store at the mall to ask about the Trade-in and hopefully buy a new reader. They accepted my very old eBookman and gave me the $75 credit right away. Well, after about 20 minutes of me walking them through the process and them finding the right employee with the right passwords to log in, then I got the credit. I was even able to use the coupon/credit right away. I bought a Black 650 for $125 ($140 with tax). So if you have a store near you, going in is a better option than mailing it in, especially with the current sale prices. They did not yet have the new 950 readers in stock only 900s.
caeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #53
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeebe View Post
Tonight I stopped by the Sony Style Store at the mall to ask about the Trade-in and hopefully buy a new reader. They accepted my very old eBookman and gave me the $75 credit right away. Well, after about 20 minutes of me walking them through the process and them finding the right employee with the right passwords to log in, then I got the credit. I was even able to use the coupon/credit right away. I bought a Black 650 for $125 ($140 with tax). So if you have a store near you, going in is a better option than mailing it in, especially with the current sale prices. They did not yet have the new 950 readers in stock only 900s.
Wow, okay. I want to send in ours and trade up for a newer model, but my husband has become very attached to it, and I doubt he would be willing to give up his Reader for a month.

We have a store about 10 miles away, so I'll check it out. Thanks!
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #54
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The estimated status date for my reader to be received at recycle is Nov. 19. Since the nearest Sony Style store is about 150 miles away, I didn't have a choice. But, that is obviously the way to go if you have a retail store nearby. I'm a little annoyed with Sony, but, on the other hand, they are in business to make money. Well, that's what I try to tell myself.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #55
paulak39
Connoisseur

Unrelated question: Why does it indicate I sent this message at 11:55 AM, when it is 6:55 AM here?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:09 AM   #56
paulak39
Connoisseur

Please delete my last message; the time is correct. Sorry!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #57
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Huh. Too bad I mailed it. I'm only an hour away from a Sony store. My estimate says 11/24. Yep, starting to panic without a decent reader. My iPhone isn't cutting it for hours at a pop, lol. Buy some p-books? Sacrilege!
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #58
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Buy some p-books? Sacrilege!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #59
MichaelMSeattle
Enthusiast
MichaelMSeattle began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505/600
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
There's an offer on SonyStyle.com -- trade in any e-reader and get a $75 credit toward a new Sony Reader. I think the offer goes through the end of the year.
Just talked with a guy at the Sony Style store and he said they're having a promotion through 11/27 of $50 off the 950. So with the $75 store credit (you can bring in the old reader to the Sony store), you can get a new 950 for $175. That's a great deal.

-M
MichaelMSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #60
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMSeattle View Post
Just talked with a guy at the Sony Style store and he said they're having a promotion through 11/27 of $50 off the 950. So with the $75 store credit (you can bring in the old reader to the Sony store), you can get a new 950 for $175. That's a great deal.

-M
Definitely a game changer.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote