Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #61
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Karen, if I remember right, mobi.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #62
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
mobi/prc are the ones you want.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #63
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yes, for your Kindle you want the .mobi version.

Oh - and welcome to Mobileread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmarchant View Post
which format is best for the Kindle? I am a newish user and not really up on which one I should use. I thought .mobi. Would that be right?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #64
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Thank you Jeff!

I have yet to receive my reader, but I downloaded your works for future reading. Then I couldn't help myself and started the first of the Delver trilogy...

Now I'm stuck here reading the first book in Calibre on my laptop!

But truly, thank you for sharing your books!
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #65
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Everyone please forgive me for replying a bit late. Also, please forgive the long ramblings of this note, but I finally have some time and quite a few people to reply to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Alien Cradle finally worked its way to the top of my TBR list, and at 35 pages in, all I can wonder is "Why did I not read this sooner?" It is looking like a very good read. Of course, my infatuation with jewels and burgeoning interest in the gem trade might be making me prejudiced in favor of it, but so what? I like it!

BTW, where has Jinlo been lately?
Hello DixieGal, thanks for the positive words on Alien Cradle. I'm aware of your interest in gems and I have a very large amethyst I will send you... wait, it's rolling off the desk... and now that squirrel has it. He's taking it up a tree. Come back here you!

Uhmmm, about that amethyst. You didn't really want it. I think it was just rock candy.

As for my whereabouts, just got overwhelmed with those summer events and projects, and well, time got away from me. By the way, what month is it now? August? NO!! What the heck happened to July! You mean it's almost back to school time? Gee, that's terrible. <snicker, snicker>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Don't forget, Jinlo's new book, Soul View, is available.
Hellmark, thanks for letting people know about Soul View. The logs on my site showed a good deal of activity for the book yesterday. In a way of thanks, perhaps I can interest you in a half eaten piece of rock candy I once thought was an amethyst? Don't mind the small hairs on it. I'm sure it's just carpet fuzz. I assure you it's not anything like squirrel hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmarchant View Post
Jeff, which format is best for the Kindle? I am a newish user and not really up on which one I should use. I thought .mobi. Would that be right?

Thanks, Karen (my first post!)
Karen, I am proud to be part of your first post. In celebration, I have created a trophy that includes a rough edged, fuzzy purple gem. I will send it to... nevermind, the squirrel has returned.

As other kind people have already mentioned, you want either the mobi or the prc version. Please don't ask me the difference between the two. I'm about as new at this as you. I used to just have them in pdf versions but around here, that can get you killed or perhaps just yelled at. Well maybe not yelled at, but certainly most folks here wouldn't be happy. Anyway, the mobi or the prc version should work. I just used different tools to create them and I thought it wouldn't hurt to have them both available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon65 View Post
Thank you Jeff!

I have yet to receive my reader, but I downloaded your works for future reading. Then I couldn't help myself and started the first of the Delver trilogy...

Now I'm stuck here reading the first book in Calibre on my laptop!

But truly, thank you for sharing your books!
No, thank you dmon65. I know there's a boatload, make that a cargoshipload of free ebooks out there. I thank you for giving some attention to the Delver Magic books. I hope you enjoy them. Can I interest you in a pet squirrel?
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
These books are Awesome by the way. Thorougly enjoyed.

Thank you.
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:21 AM   #67
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
jinlo, I started Sanctum's Breach a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it.

Thank you for sharing your books with us.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #68
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

rjfarrell and cbell,

Thank you both.

May the fates bestow upon you both the fortunes equal to the vastness of the four oceans and the diversity of the seven continents.

Let the shadows of despair always scatter at your footsteps.

May the planets align in your favor and the sun shine at your very whim.

Let birds sing at the call of your names and…

Or how about I just give you some karma?

Seriously, thank you very much for the kind words. When I read notes like yours, I can face the day with a smile. I do indeed hope you are both rewarded for such thoughtfulness.

J Inlo
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #69
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Mmmm, I loves me some half eaten candy....
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #70
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
rjfarrell and cbell,

Thank you both.

May the fates bestow upon you both the fortunes equal to the vastness of the four oceans and the diversity of the seven continents.

Let the shadows of despair always scatter at your footsteps.

May the planets align in your favor and the sun shine at your very whim.

Let birds sing at the call of your names and…

Or how about I just give you some karma?

Seriously, thank you very much for the kind words. When I read notes like yours, I can face the day with a smile. I do indeed hope you are both rewarded for such thoughtfulness.

J Inlo
Wow, I feel really blessed and special now!

Must be magic in the air *looking around for spheres*.

Strangely, I feel a cosmic bond with rjfarrell after jinlo's post above... like we've shared a wonderful experience.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #71
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Jeff,
I am on the third in the trilogy. They are great. Thanks!
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #72
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Jeff,
I am on the third in the trilogy. They are great. Thanks!
tselling, thank you so much. And now the birds will sing at your name as well. The trees will bow (or is it bough) down before you. Morning bells will chime...

This is sounding like a John Denver song. By the way, I liked John Denver. I never met him, but I think he was very talented. Rocky Mountain High is one of my favorite songs.

Ok, I got sidetracked and went off on a tangent. It happens. Where was I?

Oh yes, tselling, thanks for the kind words. If Hellmark doesn't take all the half eaten candy, I can send you some as well. Actually, I have two dogs, so I can always get more. Of course it will annoy the dogs to have to spit out the candy, but they will learn to accept it.

Jeff Inlo
Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #73
cbell
Frenetic

I've just finished Delver Magic Book 1 and it was a wonderful read with a very satisfying ending.

I'm downloading Book 2 & 3 as I want to keep reading about delvers, algors, elves, cliff behemoths and dwarves. I was right alongside the characters through their adventures in Sanctum's Breach.

Thanks, Jeff. I don't usually read fantasy novels, but I'm loving this series!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #74
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
jinlo, i don't usually read fantasy either but i've downloaded your first book and i'm going to read it just because i enjoy your posts here so much. thank you for sharing it with us.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #75
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

cbell, thanks for the additional kind words. The birds are already singing your name and the planets aligned in your favor. Not sure what else you might want. How about having the dust bunny army always come to your defense? Whenever you feel threatened you may “Cry havoc and let slip the bunnies of war!”

zelda, thanks for giving it a try. I’ve just given away the dust bunny army, so I can’t offer you that. How about a nice potato?

What? Why do you all look confused? What’s wrong with a potato?