Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
WazabiQc
WazabiQc began at the beginning.

Device: None
Kobo Wifi stuck at loading ?

My girlfriend had a kobo e-reader Wifi for christmas, however, when she connected it to wifi, she had to update it, when the update was done, she turned the device on, and it remains stuck at the main loading screen, the 7 dots are flashing normally as it would, but it won't go any further. Did anyone had this ? how did you solve it then ?
WazabiQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
shaf
shaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've had this issue, try the soft reset method. It should reset the WiFi configuration.
( Soft Reset is using a paper clip on the rest hole on the back of the Kobo Touch)
shaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Guttenberg
Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo wi-fi
Uh oh. While I hope that a reset (described above) works for you in this case, I fear that it may be more serious. This happened to my wife's Kobo a few months ago. Although she would never admit it, I think that she may have turned it off or pushed a button or otherwise interrupted the update (experience tells me that a "complete" message doesn't always mean 100% complete, best let it cycle itself off and on). Anyway, to make a long story short, I suspect that the firmware had been corrupted and nothing I could do would get it past the screen that you described. Eventually I called the Kobo service line and they took my info, sent me shipping box (by courier) to return the device and eventually sent her a new reader. The whole thing took about a week from phone call to new Kobo. Try the reset, but if it doesn't come back to life immediately, call the service number (I found them very helpful)... assuming that the device is new and under warranty, of course.
Good luck and let us know how you made out.
Guttenberg is offline   Reply With Quote