Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
As I wrote, the script file assumes that if myts isn't running, then the pipe node needs to be created.
Since myts does not seem to set any trap handling (I.E: assumes it will always do a normal exit, not a trap exit) then the above assumption is incorrect for the case of anything other than a normal exit path.

Translation: The segfault prevents it from running, the less than robust script logic makes mknode fail on a pre-existing pipe. (Three problems: the script logic, the (lack) of trap logic and the original cause of the segfault.)
The strace output should help in finding the third problem. Only the designer can find the first two.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #62
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
rollback

EDIT:

I am happy to report that with the help of MATAN it now works again. Heroic support:

Highly dedicated help, in the face of a completely inscrutable problem, might I add.

Real life Kudos to you Matan.

Happy days for me. Thanks everyone

Last edited by twobob; 07-07-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: MATAN is a superstar
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #63
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I installed myts back in the days when I could only give tiny karma. I just noticed in the above post that matan's karma was only 136. I just fixed that.

P.S. Interesting coincidence: without calculating, I just gave the max karma I could to matan's 136, and now it is exactly 8000.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #64
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

12x24 for we older awesome people's

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropeak View Post
I created two fonts myself, 14x28 and 16x26. The two fonts are created by double each binary bit of the char bitmap of the font 7x14 and 8x13, and also each horizon line of the char bitmap is doubled.

but when using these font, the terminal can not be started. After I press the key "Shift T T", a message "success!" echoed on the bottom of the screen, but the terminal don't popup.

Is this font right? or the program's issue.
I got your fonts to run. once. and never again. just bombed.

And since my buddy Will18 don't dig the mini-squinting here's my effort

A working 12x24 font that is not utterly without use. : )
Tested as working on myTs 7 Kindle 3.x

Henjoy, Chars.

EDIT: correct formula was bdf2hex blahxblahFont.bdf > blahxblahFont.hex
EDIT EDIT: Although I am yet to understand why some fonts convert correctly and some do not.

I couldnt get the 'made' c tools in unifoundry-5.1.200080907 to produce the expected output. Just so you know; if you can't get them to work either? you're not going mad. I also got unexpected output from the Perl script with certain bdfs's so YMMV (using the tools I mentioned, not the font; that works fine) (MEH)

Spoiler:
COMMENT
COMMENT Copyright 1989 by Sony Corp.
COMMENT
COMMENT Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
COMMENT its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
COMMENT provided that the above copyright notices appear in all copies and
COMMENT that both those copyright notices and this permission notice appear
COMMENT in supporting documentation, and that the name of Sony Corp.
COMMENT not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution
COMMENT of the software without specific, written prior permission. Sony
COMMENT Corp. makes no representations about the suitability of this
COMMENT software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or
COMMENT implied warranty.
COMMENT
COMMENT SONY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS
COMMENT SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
COMMENT FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL SONY BE LIABLE FOR ANY
COMMENT SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
COMMENT RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF
COMMENT CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN
COMMENT CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
COMMENT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12x24.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	90336  
Attached Files
File Type: gz 12x24.tar.gz (3.6 KB, 339 views)

Last edited by twobob; 08-08-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added and here
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #65
twobob

After a far too large amount of faffing I am unable to get a larger font to convert satisfactorily (read: 'and get MyTs to start')

so that's your lot for now. The Terminus 16x32 simply refuses to play ball. ho hum.
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #66
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
After a far too large amount of faffing I am unable to get a larger font to convert satisfactorily (read: 'and get MyTs to start')

so that's your lot for now. The Terminus 16x32 simply refuses to play ball. ho hum.
I recall seeing this "large font in myts" problem discussed before. I think myts needs a patch to support a large font. Here is a post (see the quote) with a link to myts-7 which has EXPERIMENTAL "up to 16-wide font" support added in.

Which version of myts are you using?

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-08-2012 at 09:06 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #67
twobob

Quote:
Tested as working on myTs 7 Kindle 3.x
Since the toppost still refers to 6:

Here is the reference to VERSION 7

It's not that the MyTs version is incorrect.

It's simply I get unexpected output from the converters for certain bdf's and
this coupled with some slightly 'moody' myts behaviour for biggie fonts makes the job that much harder.

I'm loath the write an entire custom font for the sake of a few pixels. : )
24x16 will have to do until I find something better
(16 width only works under myTs 7 as you correctly advise)

: ) Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #68
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Up to version 7 font height was arbitrarily limited to 24 pixels. You can try version 8 uploaded now with this limit raised to 32 (the debug binaries I sent you, twobob, also had this limit at 32, which might explain why it worked once and then stopped. Version 8 is completely untested by me.

http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-8.zip
http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-8.tgz
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #69
twobob

Superhero!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #70
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Up to version 7 font height was arbitrarily limited to 24 pixels. You can try version 8 uploaded now with this limit raised to 32 (the debug binaries I sent you, twobob, also had this limit at 32, which might explain why it worked once and then stopped. Version 8 is completely untested by me.

http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-8.zip
http://my.svgalib.org/kindle/myts-8.tgz
Guess my K3 with firmware 3.3 will have to stay on version 7:
Code:
[root@kindle root]# cd /mnt/us/myts
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts
./myts: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./myts)
Matan is still a superhero.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #71
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
I compiled with the wrong toolchain (I have too many arm based devices). Please try to download and install again.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #72
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great. Your recompiled V8 now works fine. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #73
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Uhoh. Didn't see this.... now I won't have terminal access until Monday...........
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #74
twobob

Go Big Fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Guess my K3 with firmware 3.3 will have to stay on version 7:
Code:
[root@kindle root]# cd /mnt/us/myts
./myts: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./myts)
Matan is still a superhero.
Weird.
Spoiler:
My 3.3 works with the original build. @_____@
EDIT: Yep, I'm looking at it now. Steeerange. Maybe I never rebooted or something odd.

Anyways, I'm replacing it with this one.
Matan my hero. now who's going to make that nice 16x32 font. Roll up, Roll up!

I added a starter, just needs converting I'll wager.

Last edited by twobob; 08-12-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Added Starter for 10
Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #75
PoP

Quote:
[snip] now who's going to make that nice 16x32 font [snip].
I did. From your .bdf, I crunched a 16x32.hex with the bdf2hex perl script, and I modified the myts.ini:
Spoiler:
[root@kindle myts]# ls
10x20.hex README myts.ini myts.sh
16x32.hex about.txt myts.ini.10x20 mytsV7
4x6.hex aboutold.txt myts.ini.16x32 profile
6x13.hex bdf2hex myts.ini.4x6
7x14.hex font.b.hex myts.ini.6x13 unifont.hex
8x16.hex keydefs.ini myts.ini.7x14
CP1255.table keymap myts.ini.8x16
CP437.table myts myts.ini.bkp
[root@kindle myts]# ./myts &
[root@kindle myts]#

to no avail
Spoiler:
Segmentation fault

I didn't try any harder. Files attached for the next one to carry the torch:
Attached Files
File Type: zip 16x32.zip (8.6 KB, 343 views)