Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
carolehughes
carolehughes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Calibre/Kobo communication error

I have a Kobo ereader and use Calibre, or I was using Calibre until I stupidly hit the new Calibre update.

After the 7.24 update I now get a communication error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 69, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 311, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 152, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I have tried uninstalling the new version and putting on an old version, that didnt help the error is here to stay . So im now back to version 7.24, and use XP

I also got this error but its been replaced by the abover error or is scared of the above error and wont reshow its ugly head,
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 298, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1335, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 387, in add_books_to_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 328, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book',

I am not that computer friendly, so this is a puzzle to me This will teach me to update
carolehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
When the malformed database error occurs, the only fix seems to be restoring the kobo database from the instructions at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94789

It seems to have corrected everyone's issue. Have you been disconnecting properly and not just unplugging? I have two devices that I use extensively for development (which means far more messing with the database than the average user) and I have yet to see that issue.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
carolehughes

Thank you Tim, I will try that link and let you know. No i havent been disconnecting properly I dont have my old XP disk and I dont have that hardware icon in my task bar to do it properly
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
carolehughes

Tim, THANK YOU ! the instructions in your post worked, and at your prompting I finally found how to put back the Safely Remove Hardware icon and will use that from now on.

Everything works as it did before, I really appreciate it
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolehughes View Post
Tim, THANK YOU ! the instructions in your post worked, and at your prompting I finally found how to put back the Safely Remove Hardware icon and will use that from now on.

Everything works as it did before, I really appreciate it
No problem. I am glad it worked....
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert