Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Format71
Format71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to separate work and pleasure

I have a amazon account with two registered visa cards. One is mine, and I use it to pay for non-work related books, and the other one is my employers, who pay for all work-related books.

I want to get me a Kindle, but have a few questions that I need answered first.

- Can I get books payed with two different visa cards unto one Kindle?
- Can I get books bought with two different accounts unto one Kindle?
- If I one day leave the company, can they keep all the work-related titles payed with their card and transfer them to a new Kindle?
- If the company buys more then one Kindle, can I have private books on mine without sharing them with the other devices?
- Is the only solution to have two Kindle devices, one for private use and one for professional use?

regards,
-Vegar
Format71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I know you can use different credit cards on your account. You just have to go into Manage My Kindle and change the credit card that's listed as your Default Payment. But then you'll have to be careful and change it back if you want to use a different card for your next purchase. Whichever card number you put in that Default field will remain your default until you change it again.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote