Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 03:05 AM   #31
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
"suspend to RAM" or "suspend to flash" - I don't care, if full booting every time the dr1000s is turned on and waiting a minute before you can start reading has an end.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #32
lucone
lucone began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR1000s, Kobo Aura H20
I installed the RC2 yesterday evening.

I didn't before because I'm working on the porting of a language (falcon) on my DR1000.

I like the new interface and the improved sensibility.
I don't like the book management:

I have manuals (organized in "series"), books (entire series), manga on my eReader and

On 1.7 I can manage this.
On 2.0 Not, because the "serie" info is totally lost.

Anyone can suggest my a solution (other than remain in 1.7) ?
lucone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #33
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
and please, don't decide whats usefull or not
I was speaking of DR800. AFAIK DR800 is the only irex device developed for customers and not for businesses.
Anyway, with well implemented "suspend to ram" feature there is no need in "suspend to flash" feature for 99.99% of customers.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #34
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
@lucone: The Book-view ("Books") 'merges' all books together so you will loose all the sorting in different folders. There also is a Card-View ("SD Card") that allows you to browse the folders on the SD-card, almost in the same way as in R1.7.1.
Since you have a DR1000, the "SD Card"-icon should be on your desktop by default, otherwise you have to enable it in settings->Advance Settings->Folder Based Navigation.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #35
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
The RC ist "feature complete". And where is the "suspend to ram/flash"-feature, which should be integrated since years?
They never said the 2.0 firmware would contain the suspend to ram/flash feature for the DR1000. By "feature complete" they mean compared to the original announcements for what would be included in 2.0

I don't know if the DR800's version of it is something that they could eventually incorporate into the DR1000 as well. Hopefully that's their plan, but I'm just guessing.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #36
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucone View Post
I have manuals (organized in "series"), books (entire series), manga on my eReader and

On 1.7 I can manage this.
On 2.0 Not, because the "serie" info is totally lost.

Anyone can suggest my a solution (other than remain in 1.7) ?
I make a folder for the series, and put the books together in the folder. That way I can browse to the series first, and then get the individual titles.

In order for this to work, you need to go into the advanced settings menu and enable the "folder" option.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #37
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They never said the 2.0 firmware would contain the suspend to ram/flash feature for the DR1000.
That's correct and so I asked the question.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #38
shunter
shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter View Post
Hello:

I have loaded RC2 version 609 and I have a problem on my DR1000S. The “Selection Zoom” does not work. I have Zoom Enabled selected under settings and when I try to use the selection zoom with a PDF file it come up and shows a blank screen. In RC1 version 408, the selection zoom worked fine, although the resulting text was a bit too large for my taste. Does anyone else have a problem with version 609 (it does not work in ver 603 either, I tried). Any suggestions? I loaded version 609 on a newly formatted SD card (same with 603). Other than that no other issues, but I do like the selection zoom feature.

Thank You in advance,
shunter
Here is a solution to my problem (from the iRex blog site):

"pauli June 15th, 2010 8:53 am
If the screen comes up blank, you’ve zoomed in too much and/or the pdf has too much details, that would overflow the available memory to render the whole page at that resolution. If you select a larger area, the zoom should work ok."

"shunter June 16th, 2010 9:15 pm
Hi Pauli:

Your suggestion of selecting a larger area worked!!! Thank you!!Seems weird, when I used ver408 no matter how large an area I would choose it would default to the largest size possible thus I would have only two choices: normal and very large. Thus I would select only a small area of the page, get the very large size and no blank pages. With ver 609, if I select the same small area I get the blank pages (same size selection as I used in 408). Now when I select the larger areas, it varies the size of the text and is more useful. Thank you for your suggestion, I probably would not have tried it!

Best,
shunter"

The selction zoom does work, just choose a large area to zoom. Larger than 2 inches with ver 609. With ver 408, I could select half an inch or 5 inches and I would get only very large text.

Best,
Shunter
shunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #39
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
always happy to help
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote