Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #16
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
@Gertjan
May/Can someone of Irex tell us something about the rumour "chapter 11" in this thread?
I don't think you can called a rumor something that has been confirmed by the company's chairman. I would like, though, to hear an insider's opinion about what's going to happen with iRex and what would happen to the firmware sources.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
anyone know if is possible to change the default sizes of the "adjust font size" menu?

For me on a lot of books, the small size it is extremely big, and I want to have much tiny font sizes, because if small is big to me, the other 3 are totally useless, so If I can change myself this options editing something, I will make the x-large like the actual small option, and the others much smaller font sizes.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
@Gertjan
May/Can someone of Irex tell us something about the rumour "chapter 11" in this thread?
It's not a rumor. You can Google for it and find numerous news stories about it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #19
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
I would like, though, to hear an insider's opinion about what's going to happen with iRex and what would happen to the firmware sources.
They may not legally be allowed to discuss details, I'm not sure how it works.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #20
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Questioning is allowed anytime. ;-) I'm not really awaiting an answer. And "rumour" has an ironic meaning... People are talking about Irex again. More than for a long time. Could it be a marketing trick? 8-)

And now back on topic...

edit1: Update is done, no problems, now testing.

edit2: OK, one night later - it's looking good - for me. But I'm not a note-taker. So I did not test scribbling.

Last edited by ThR; 06-11-2010 at 03:32 AM.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #21
shunter
shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.shunter can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello:

I have loaded RC2 version 609 and I have a problem on my DR1000S. The “Selection Zoom” does not work. I have Zoom Enabled selected under settings and when I try to use the selection zoom with a PDF file it come up and shows a blank screen. In RC1 version 408, the selection zoom worked fine, although the resulting text was a bit too large for my taste. Does anyone else have a problem with version 609 (it does not work in ver 603 either, I tried). Any suggestions? I loaded version 609 on a newly formatted SD card (same with 603). Other than that no other issues, but I do like the selection zoom feature.

Thank You in advance,
shunter

Last edited by shunter; 06-11-2010 at 02:20 PM.
shunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
I'm experiencing an oddity with new notes on the RC2 firmware. It works as expected until I select the menu (via stylus) or tap the mode/tool selection shortcut icon in the taskbar. Then the screen appears to clear itself. If I exit and re-open the note, my scribbles are intact and the screen clearing behavior does not reoccur upon menu or mode/tool selection. This behavior does not occur if there's been activity in the Notes folder (like editing or deleting another note) immediately before creating the new note.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I only can say that I dont have any of the problems of shunter or trekchick.

At the moment is all working like a charm, I only want a little more contrast to have the perfect device.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:58 AM   #24
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
edited

Last edited by martienne; 06-12-2010 at 05:06 AM.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #25
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
The RC ist "feature complete". And where is the "suspend to ram/flash"-feature, which should be integrated since years?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #26
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I don't think anyone needs to worry about IREX totally disappearing. If they can't pull through the economic difficulties they would no doubt be bought by a large electronics company.

They have valuable research, patents, trademarks, hardware and excellent staff; this will not be allowed to just scatter to the winds it things come to the worst.

There is a lot of speculation that eReaders are the next big thing, like mobile phones taking over from landlines, the revolution of microwaves in cooking or internet to shopping.

It's not yet happened to society at large in the area of paper books to eBooks. But it will....

And there will be companies who want a foot in before the revolution has really taken of. Buying an existing company lets them achieve that.
I can think of a number of large hardware manufacturers who do not currently make an eReader, but who would probably like to establish themselves before eReaders become mass market items.

So best outcome: Irex continues to operates in its current form
2nd best; they get bought by Nokia, Samsung, Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell etc...... or an investment consortium.

Anything else is very unlikely.

I am not sure where we'd be on support for our existing devices though.
But the 10 June release was hugely re-assuring.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
Thanks iRex for the RC2. Very glad that the borders issue was fixed. There are more things that I would LIKE my iRex to do but not much more that I NEED it to do.

Very glad I bought it and sad to hear about the chapter 11 problems. Hope all goes well for everyones sake.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #28
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
The RC ist "feature complete". And where is the "suspend to ram/flash"-feature, which should be integrated since years?
DR800 had "suspend to ram" feature since its release; and there is no need in "suspend to flash" feature with such low power consumption in "suspend to ram" mode. BTW many other readers (including sony) do not have "suspend to flash" feature as well.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #29
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
2nd best; they get bought by ... Lenovo
DR800 in a "Thinkreader" case or something... that'd be cool
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #30
Aegis
Aegis began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
DR800 had "suspend to ram" feature since its release; and there is no need in "suspend to flash" feature with such low power consumption in "suspend to ram" mode. BTW many other readers (including sony) do not have "suspend to flash" feature as well.
ThR is obviously speaking of the DR1000S, which was produced years before DR800. It doesn't have any feature like it (even while it runs on the 2.0-firmware as well), so it sure is welcome.

...and please, don't decide whats usefull or not, based on the one type of device that you seem to have. The point of the 2.0 firmware is to be compatible for the two products, not just your DR800
Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote