Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Question NEW Kindle Global Owner With A Question

Just opened up my Christmas gift (YAY!) and am VERY happy with how easy it is to use. But I've got a question that I didn't see covered in the documentation. That is: How long does it take to charge the battery via USB AND via the AC?

thanks gang!
cypher
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Just opened up my Christmas gift (YAY!) and am VERY happy with how easy it is to use. But I've got a question that I didn't see covered in the documentation. That is: How long does it take to charge the battery via USB AND via the AC?

thanks gang!
cypher
Welcome to MobileRead, cypher.

I heard 4 hrs for the usb.....not sure about ac..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
monkeypants
monkeypants began at the beginning.

Device: K2 on its way
The booklet that came with mine said approx three hours via AC.
monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you don't want to wait to read, you can read while charging via AC but not via USB (unless you safely remove or eject the Kindle after attaching the USB cable to the computer).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
lopez
lopez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
be adviced - in my K2i usb cable connector start to be loose and when moving, kindle is disconnecting and reconnecting making my mac and calibre crazy.

one of few cons of K2 is unfortunate usb placement.( hard to read and charge before sleep )
lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Welcome Cypher!
Enjoy this very nice community!

But I think it's about 3 or 2 hours on AC, but I don't know too much, Kindle have a very nice battery and I've only recharged it one time(when I got my one as Christmas gift).
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
CyberBiker
CyberBiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Yes you can read your kindle when it is plugged in. Just be a little careful with the connector.

It seems to me that the first full charge for my Kindle 2 took a longggggg time.
CyberBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Hi,
I have a KDX =-- had for about 2 months now. There should be no diff in recharge time AC vs USB, as AC adapter converts house current to USB current (kindle only sees external world thru a USB port and its power specs). My experience with recharge is: about 3 hours if batt is fully discharged. As I rarely use KDX to full discharge, it take more usually 1-2 hour to get back to full (green light) charge. I almost always charge via USB. You can read while charging -- just make sure you use the Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" button first (I know nuthin bout Macs). USB cable is not very long (about 6'), and so can be inconvenient when reading in bed. I have bought a longer cable to cope. You can buy compatible cables (USB A to Micro-B) at Amazon, or more generally thru the web.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Also keep in mind USB has different charge rates on some device. For 'some' reason, on my Macbook Pro the left USB charge slower than the right USB.

So ideally use AC, but if using USB for convenience and have a mac, test the USB charge times on each slot.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote