Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
sync reading progress between aura and android app, sideloaded books

is this possible?

I was kinda shocked that out of the box I wasn't able to hit my calibre server wirelessly either (it sits on a headless server)

I've done some quick reading about adding the Kobo start menu, and possibly koreader, but I just hope someone can point out a simple error I'm making
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo only supports syncing of books purchased from them. Anything synced to the devices will sync to the Android or iOS app using the same Kobo account.

The browser on the device should be able to connect to the calibre server. Any time I haven't been able to, it's because of something else. The device does need be able to access an external URL before it will finish connecting to your WiFi network.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dumb question then. What browser? I'm clearly missing something. I see books and book store. Nothing else
Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo web Browser, Yes still hidden in plane sight.

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...cts=kobo%20glo
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
Tikker
Zealot

I have to admit I never would have searched under beta features for a browser. Many thanks
Advert
Old 05-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOReader has a progress sync, with no restrictions, as to where or how you get your ebook files. It is a function that you access directly from within the KOReader menu structure, no browser needed. KOReader also has a good deal of calibre support, to include a limited "Calibre Companion" like function. It also supports accessing calibre's content server using OPDS. The search functions include a calibre metadata search function, so you can search for a listing of files/ebooks that match "tags".

(It is probably corrected already, but there was a problem with the server they were/are using, for the progress sync and they may have moved to another.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote