Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Alarm
Alarm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc 10 HD
Kobo arc HD file system on internal micro SD ?

Hi!
Is anyone can tell me if the "file system" of HD kobo arc 10 is mounted on an internal micro SD card?
Alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
no it isn't
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 03:35 AM   #3
Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slate View Post
no it isn't
How do you know that there is not the micro SD?
Have you disassembled the tablet?
Thank you to say more.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Please state in plain English what you are trying to accomplish.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:30 AM   #5
Alarm

Quote:
Please state in plain English what you are trying to accomplish.
I'm sorry for my English.
I ask you to justify your answer.
How do you know that memory is not an SD card?
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
Glompish
Glompish doesn't litterGlompish doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Arc 10HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
I'm sorry for my English.
I ask you to justify your answer.
How do you know that memory is not an SD card?
Probably because that would be incredibly stupid. Why on earth would any manufacturer internally install a Micro SD slot and card, with the incumbent extra price and potential issues of it working loose, when they could just solder on some flash memory?

If for some completely weird reason that is what they did they'd be the only device manufacturer in the world doing so, because it makes no sense at all.
Glompish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:52 AM   #7
Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glompish View Post
Probably because that would be incredibly stupid. Why on earth would any manufacturer internally install a Micro SD slot and card, with the incumbent extra price and potential issues of it working loose, when they could just solder on some flash memory?

If for some completely weird reason that is what they did they'd be the only device manufacturer in the world doing so, because it makes no sense at all.
The kobo glo has a SD card for its internal OS
Why not the kobo arc?
best regards
Old 08-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Teardown pictures I have seen do not show internal removable SD card. Could be different Arc?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #9
Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Teardown pictures I have seen do not show internal removable SD card. Could be different Arc?
In kobo glo there is an internal SD card. People who say that there is no internal SD card have they disassembled their "kobo arc"?

The proof image to kobo glo:

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/kobo...#!slide=512011

Last edited by Alarm; 09-02-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #10
slate
Connoisseur

You have been told no by numerous people, please stop beating a dead horse.

Open your own tablet and see for yourself since you clearly refuse to accept the facts.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
Alarm

Quote:
You have been told no by numerous people, please stop beating a dead horse.

Open your own tablet and see for yourself since you clearly refuse to accept the facts.
What facts?
Someone replied that there was no SD card internally.
I asked if the person had opened a tablet arc? He did not answer me.
Let me ask the question differently by opening another topic.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #12
Glompish
Glompish doesn't litterGlompish doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Arc 10HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
The kobo glo has a SD card for its internal OS
Why not the kobo arc?
best regards
Complete overhaul of an edit here. The Glo does indeed have an internal SD slot. Apparently so did the first Nook.

Makes no sense to me at all other than making it easier to make models with different memory sizes, but there you go.

So apologies from me - no idea if there's one in other models, still think it's a bizarre design choice, but there you are: it is a possibility.

Last edited by Glompish; 09-05-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Not so brusquely certain anymore
Glompish is offline   Reply With Quote