Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Cola123
Cola123 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
side forward button doesnt always work

Hi,

I just got a new pocketbook 902.

Sometimes the forward button on the side of the PB doesnt turn the page forward and you have to press the back button and go back a page and then forward again.

Is this a known issue or something fixed by firmware upgrade? I've only got 2.05.

If i push the right on the dpad to go forward a page this always works and there is no problem.

appreciating any advice/assistance.

Regards,

Simon
Cola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
When you press the forward button but the page does not advance, does the green LED light up? If not, there might be an issue with the switch itself. If the LED does light up but the page fails to advance it might be a software issue of some kind. If that is the case you might as well try 2.0.6 to see if that makes a difference.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola123 View Post
Hi,

I just got a new pocketbook 902.

Sometimes the forward button on the side of the PB doesnt turn the page forward and you have to press the back button and go back a page and then forward again.

Is this a known issue or something fixed by firmware upgrade? I've only got 2.05.

If i push the right on the dpad to go forward a page this always works and there is no problem.

appreciating any advice/assistance.

Regards,

Simon
Hello,

it is a warranty case. I would suggest you to replace the device

B.r.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
Cola123

you mean the LED that shows charging?

I'll have another look at it tonight but i think its mainly only happening on epub too.

Didnt seem to be happening on pdf.....

which makes me think its a software issue.

I'll try factory reset and upgrade and if that doesnt work I'll send it back under warranty.

What a pain.

Last edited by Cola123; 06-28-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Cola123

I suspect - with advice from bill at pocketbook usa support - that i may have resolved the issue.

I formatted the internal memory and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Perhaps it was a corrupt setting or something.

Either way - i've just turned through 300 pages worth of pdf and epub books with no issue.

I wouldnt have been able to do this pre-format.

I'll pst again if theres any change.
Advert