Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #301
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by errie6 View Post
Well guys I also tried getting in on this "great" promotion. I applied on October 20 after reading the message boards. I have really great credit and thought I was going to be approved right away. Well I get a message that I should get a reply within 30 days. That turned into me getting approved after the October 31 deadline and now that doesn't qualify me to get the sony reader. I was actually hoping to give this to my mom as part of her Xmas present. Guess not! I was upset and will probably be cancelling my card today.
[SNIP]
Various folks with a similar problem have reported that they called the card folks up and pointed out that they had applied just for this offer. IIRC, the offer required that you apply before Oct. 31, not that you be approved before Oct. 31. Try calling and speaking to customer service; they should take care of you.

Of course, that will leave you still with the problem of actually getting the reader...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #302
errie6
errie6 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500
Angry Called, but...

Nothing can be done, it's not in the system. They can only investigate to see what happened, but if I got approved in November it's kind of tough luck. Apparently they just sent out emails for those letting them know to order now again. Oh well...so if anyone is willing to sell their extra one please contact me still. I doubt I will get any good news. I hope they have another good offer soon somewhere.
errie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #303
GreatBear
GreatBear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony Reader
Still getting jerked around...

So I just spoke to a Sony Rewards rep on the on the phone. I should be getting my email "early next week," he said. Every time I speak to them, they move the goalpost further away. Originally, I was supposed to be able to get my order processed in early Nov.

This time I even asked for a supervisor but was told there wasn't one available. It was very hard not to be rude.

You know, I'm getting more & more positive that the Kindle is the way to go, cheap Sony Reader be damned. Mostly because I'm sure I'll have a better customer service experience from Amazon than I'm getting from Sony Rewards. I'd rather give $400 to competent people than $50 to idiots.

Sorry for venting in public, but I've got to do it somewhere!
GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #304
peetaah
peetaah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Rabble, Rabble, Rabble!!!! Couldn't agree more, this is getting really old!
peetaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #305
mlbspike
Enthusiast
mlbspike began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, PRS505
Friend just got an email with the same offer (pretty much verbatim, as stated on the first page). So ... apparently, they have renewed the offer (for new accounts). Appears to be a refurbed 500.
mlbspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #306
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Once again, I just got off the phone with sony and had a new ticket submitted. I was told that if I don't receive an email by Wed 19 to call back.

The csr said something about the last batch of emails had been sent out and that either I was missed or had missed the email in my junk mail. When I pressed to find out the meaning of 'last batch' (ie simply the last round of emails or the FINAL round of emails) it wasn't a clear answer.

They did at least check to see that I was still eligble for the offer and that the early Oct cancellation of the 'false' order hadn't removed me from the list.

I was curteous but firm that I wanted some kind of resolution and I think I'm at my limit. If by Wed I haven't heard from them I think I'm just going to keep calling them all day long until I get a reader or banned from Sony.

*edit - Considering the amount of spam Sony sends out and that I've added those address's to my safe list I know for a fact that it didn't end up in my spam file.

Last edited by Fzzt; 12-15-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:24 AM   #307
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well I was told by a CSR that I would be getting the mythical email by the 15th and here it is the 16th. So once they are open, I'm calling and giving them hell. Im not taking their BS any longer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #308
geeker
geeker began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
The link doesn't take me anywhere where the deal is mentioned

What am I doing wrong here?
geeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #309
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker View Post
What am I doing wrong here?
Not a thing. The signup specifically for the Sony Reader rewards program is over. So the link no longer take you there.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #310
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
yeah this is getting old. i called them just now. they said a batch of emails went out on friday with the remaining ones to be sent out on tuesday. if nothing by end of day tuesday, then they suggest calling back
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #311
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I was told the end of Saturday. Saturday has come and gone. So I called this morning and explained the problem. The person on the phone said they should not be giving a specific date. But she was very nice about it and said she would try to place the order for me. So I gave her my card number and she said she was able to place the order. So it should be going out the end of the week or just after Christmas. I hope the end of the week. And I did ask and it is a 500. Not a problem.

P.S. I just got my confirmation email. WOO HOO!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #312
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
I was able to place me order online for the reduced price -- FINALLY!

Didn't work last night, but it seems to work now!
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #313
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Nice! I hope this is the end of the problems for everyone still waiting.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #314
joedreamer
joedreamer began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Was able to order

I was finally able to order. I hope it doesnt get cancel again. I cant go through this again..

Order Confirmation #: XXXX77
Order Date: 12/17/2007
joedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #315
errie6
errie6 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500
What do you mean they renewed the offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbspike View Post
Friend just got an email with the same offer (pretty much verbatim, as stated on the first page). So ... apparently, they have renewed the offer (for new accounts). Appears to be a refurbed 500.
I was just wondering what you meant that they renewed the offer? Are they offering the reader again if you open a new sony card? If they did, I'm surprised since they're still having problems filling in the current orders. What's the link to this new offer or phone number? I hope I read this wrong!
errie6 is offline   Reply With Quote