Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #271
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huevos View Post
JSwolf--thats not a bad idea. Though, i dont have the serial number... anything is worth a try at this point.
What you do is tell Sony you lost it. As long as it is registered to your account, they should be able to get the info in case anyone else registers it. You need to hurry because once it is registered, it will be deregistered from your account.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #272
squiggle8
squiggle8 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 500
the sony 500 is still not available from the rewards website. I just called
1-877-718-SONY and the nice chirpy lady on the phone immediately offered to put one in my shopping cart and actually ordered it for me, too. The order shows up on my account activity. According to her handling is up to 10 days so if all goes well I should get it in 2 weeks.
Pretty happy! However, while activating my SonyCard a pushy indian lady was trying hard to talk me into all sorts of things rather than just activating the darn thing... I think that the rewards people would allow us to pay by a different creditcard - you might want to try that.
squiggle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #273
peetaah
peetaah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Maybe Sony dragging their feet on this was a good thing... looks like the Amazon Kindle is going to come out on Monday, we can all just not open our Sony Readers and sell them brand new on Ebay... use the money to by a Kindle
peetaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #274
jnash
jnash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700, HTC Here, and iPod Touch
Called again

I have lurked here watching watching and waiting to see how this resolved its self. I decided to call Sony Rewards again today after reading today's posts in the hope that they would load my shopping cart too.

The representative I spoke with said that he could not do anything but he expected that the rest of the emails should go out within the next week or so. After I thanked him and agreed to continue waiting he said that I should also keep checking the web site to see if it was listed. I said that I had been... Redeem - Electronics - Reader... but no luck.

He then suggested that I use the site's search feature to look for it because it might, "show up somewhere." In the upper right of the site there is the search field so, after hanging up, I selected the option to search the entire site and entered "FRPRS500U" as the search term.

Low and behold the item did show up. I was able to add it to my cart. It used the 50 points my account had and I was able to buy $59.45 worth of extra points. I have received an order confirmation email. Perhaps this is the end of the waiting game?
jnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #275
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I'm glad for any competition in the e-ink business however I want the sony reader for one purpose only, to read ebooks. The Kindle looks fugly to me and kind of unwieldy to hold especially with all those keys and it's knife looking edges.
Also I doubt the kindle can be had for $58! ...and at the moment I'm doubting the sony reader can be had for $58 as well
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #276
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I tried to search for FRPRS500U and it still came up as 27,999 points. How many weeks has it been since they first started sending out the emails?
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #277
peetaah
peetaah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
The final product HAS to look better than the prototype from a year ago. Amazon wouldn't sell more than 10 of that 80's throwback version. Supposedly the Kindle is going to sell for $399. My plan is to get $200+ for my reader on Ebay and then use that money towards A: the PRS-505 or B: the Kindle (depending on what it looks like, features, accepted formats, etc). Of course until I get this mysterious email from Sony all of this is just wishful thinking
peetaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #278
jnash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfletcher View Post
I tried to search for FRPRS500U and it still came up as 27,999 points. How many weeks has it been since they first started sending out the emails?
Did you add it to your cart and start to purchase it? It showed up as that price for me too but as I started to go through the steps to purchase it the discount was applied, my initial 50 points were used, and I only had to purchase $59 worth of additional points.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #279
jpfletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnash View Post
Did you add it to your cart and start to purchase it? It showed up as that price for me too but as I started to go through the steps to purchase it the discount was applied, my initial 50 points were used, and I only had to purchase $59 worth of additional points.
I added it to my cart, prceeded tocheckout and selected my shipping address, I stopped at the point where it wanted me to purchase the 27,999 points.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #280
jnash

Quote:
I added it to my cart, prceeded tocheckout and selected my shipping address, I stopped at the point where it wanted me to purchase the 27,999 points.
Interesting. That is definitely different from what happened for me. If the discount was going to be applied you would have seen it at that point. What is odd though is that the price should have been adjusted by at least the basic 50 points, no?

I mean, suppose there was no major price break and all you were doing was redeeming a few points you happened to have in your account. The "list" price of the reader when I search for it is 27,999 points. If I have 50 points then the final price should be no more than 27,949.

I just logged back in to my account and attempted to add another reader to my cart but it refused, saying that I needed a minimum of 50 points in my account to add anything to my cart.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #281
jpfletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnash View Post
Interesting. That is definitely different from what happened for me. If the discount was going to be applied you would have seen it at that point. What is odd though is that the price should have been adjusted by at least the basic 50 points, no?

I mean, suppose there was no major price break and all you were doing was redeeming a few points you happened to have in your account. The "list" price of the reader when I search for it is 27,999 points. If I have 50 points then the final price should be no more than 27,949.

I just logged back in to my account and attempted to add another reader to my cart but it refused, saying that I needed a minimum of 50 points in my account to add anything to my cart.
I have a 100 point credit that was not applied, I guess I should have mentioned it, but it's really only $1. They wanted me to purchase 27,899 point instead of 27,999 like I previously mentioned.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #282
jnash

Quote:
I have a 100 point credit that was not applied, I guess I should have mentioned it, but it's really only $1. They wanted me to purchase 27,899 point instead of 27,999 like I previously mentioned.
I'm sorry it didn't work for you! It appears that Sony is really handling this on some kind of case by case basis. I'm surprised that this worked at all since they have consistently told me to wait for an email.

The representative gave me the impression that a lot more (all) the remaining emails that are pending would go out over the next 1 - 1.5 weeks. I hope that is true because I think everyone dealing with this has been pretty frustrated. I have been quite surprised in fact at the level of good will people in this forum have seemed to demonstrate toward Sony despite the wait.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #283
joedreamer
joedreamer began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
:(

Just called them and they told me that next month I should received the email.
Im sick and tired of this..I woulda saved money and bought one myself. I never thought an offer will be so painful. Every week, they tell me, next week you will get the email..now...someone told me that next month..
lets hope this is true. I wanted this before I went away for the holidays...
joedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #284
rdelfin
rdelfin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
For those of you still waiting>

I'm part of the "fortunate" ones that was able to redeem and get my reader right away (this was 3 to 4 months ago). Today I'm e-reading "El amor en los tiempos del cólera" (Love in the Time of Cholera), because I want to see the movie, but first need to re-read the book, since my retention is incredibly low.

What I want to tell you guys is that reading with the Sony Reader is a joy, so hang in there, the painful wait is very well worth it and it's just time.. just time, eventually you will get it, because they do honor their promotion.

Keep positive!
R.
rdelfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #285
jpfletcher

I just got off the phone with Sony again, and they are out of stock again, and they expect more in stock around Dec.14.