Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #241
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I just called, and supposedly ill be getting the readers in 2 weeks... we will see...
aapezzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #242
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
well the order was half right, my account ordered properly, but my wifes account was charged the full price. Then the guy in the call center who canceled the order left my wifes shopping cart locked. I did get something interesting from them...

230-240 people registered cards for this offer that have yet to get their readers.
aapezzuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #243
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
I got the email a couple of days ago and placed my order successfully. Funny this time it was even less- the total charged to my card was $52.

On Wednesday I got an shipping notification email. I didn't get a tracking number, and can't seem to find one at the Sony site. I'll post back when I get my Reader, assuming it really is in transit and I don't get my order cancelled.
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #244
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
guys, you know what, I just checked my credit card, the sony rewards reader deal charged me twice for the extra points I needed... So basically 2 separate items with $59.xx came up on my bill. Does that happen to you guys?
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #245
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
madmaxamedia can you post the link Sony sent you in the email please?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #246
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Just got off the phone with Sony Rewards and they are saying I should see a email in a week and half. There goes me getting this thing for my trip over Thanksgiving.

JSWolf what is your status on EVER getting this thing.
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #247
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was last told 1-2 weeks for an email. But I'm giving them a call on Monday.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #248
Mihail
Mihail began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
I got an e-mail with shipment notification from Sonyrewards. I had 2 orders pending - one was placed a month ago and cancelled and they were figuring out what to do with it. The other was placed a week ago. The second order was never cancelled. Both were on the same credit card and both showed $59 price.

I could not figure out on sonyreward website which order was shipped.

The card was charged once and correctly, i.e. $59.

Last edited by Mihail; 11-03-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo
Mihail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #249
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
The fact that folks on this forum are finally starting to get them is a positive, IMO.

I'll keep obsessively checking my email next week, hoping its my turn!
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #250
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Fzzt .. I think we'll need to keep calling. I'm going to on Monday.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #251
ctennenh
ctennenh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
The 500 was there when I checked the other day and I was able to put it in my cart. After I called (see above) I was told not to order and that it would be cancelled, but I decided to do it anyway. I got the reader with no problems, I was charged the right price (~$60), and I'm off playing with it. Keep checking. Be sure to log in, then search for 'reader'. If the 500 is there add it to your cart and hope for the best.
ctennenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #252
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Fzzt .. I think we'll need to keep calling. I'm going to on Monday.
Any luck with your call?
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #253
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
did you guys get any tracking number to track the shipment?

Coz I only receive email saying it has been shipped and my credit card has been charged.
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #254
ctennenh
ctennenh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I didn't get one either and was told they only do tracking numbers on FedEx. Mine was shipped UPS.
ctennenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #255
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Chalk up one more phone call.
This time I was told there is no "time frame" to expect the email detailing how to order the reader, just to keep an eye out for it.
She was saying that those of us who were unfortunate enough to have placed an order for one and gotten cancelled, it also cancelled out the promo price so they have to go back to their records and give it back 'by account'.

Other than that she wouldn't do anything else for me other than to re-explain that as soon as its all worked out I would get an email with instructions on how to order one at the promo price.

Back to the waiting game I guess.
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote