Device: Archos 5
Does this offer include the 505 model?
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #227
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
I called SonyRewards today and they told me that I should hear from Sony in a week. I told the CSR other are ordering the Reader and I can not because I was one that got the ordered canceled. She says that you can NOT order until you are given special instructions from Sony.

I told her I will call her in a week because Sony has NEVER contacted me.

JSWolf is right, please post if you hear from Sony or order the Reader.

UPDATE: I see why I can not order the reader. I still have a outstanding order I placed on 10/6. I wonder if I get them to cancel it, I can get the reader for the special price.

Last edited by vinniet; 10-31-2007 at 08:27 PM.
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #228
vinniet
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube View Post
Does this offer include the 505 model?
No its only for the 500.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 PM   #229
vinniet
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihail View Post
My order was placed Oct.8; I just called them again and heard the same old BS - you'll be getting an e-mail. I argued with the guy and told him that I have been hearing this e-mail stopry already for 3 weeks and he kept saying sorry he does not have any more information. He refused to give me a different number and would not transfer me to a manager.

The number I called is 1-866-556-7669; the guy spoke with a British accent.

I just placed another order on sonyreward site. The price was $59.45. So I have two orders pending now, 2 readers, both for $59.45 I used the same Sony credit card for both orders. I wonder what are they going to say now.
Mihail - Did you ever place your order and have it canceled?? Or this the first time ordering?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 PM   #230
joedreamer
joedreamer began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
The Sony Reader is now in stock!

Please follow the steps below to place a new order at the promotional price of $49.95 + $10.00 shipping and handling.

1) Click here to access the Sony Rewards catalog.

2) Enter your Sony Rewards Username and Password, if you're not already logged in.

3) Click "Add to Cart" to place the Reader(TM), Model # FRPRS500U, in your cart. The price will automatically adjust to $59.95 at checkout. This special price expires January 31, 2008.
4) Complete your checkout.

Should you experience any difficulties in placing the order or have any further questions, please contact us at 1-877-718-7669 (option 2) between the hours of 8:00 AM and midnight ET, seven days a week.

Thank you,

The Sony Card Team
joedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #231
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm not taking this BS.. I am going to call and keep calling till I get to speak to a supervisor.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:08 PM   #232
Fzzt
Enthusiast
Fzzt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I just called them again. I no longer have to explain the situation, it appears the csr's have finally been briefed. As soon as I mentioned 'sony rewards' 'reader' it was like the csr slipped into a pre-recorded message which basically said:
- We are working on the ordering/inventory issue
- We are aware of the cancelled orders and are in the process of fixing the accounts for those of us that were unlucky enough to place an order when no Reader was actually in stock.
- To expect an email 'in the next week' detailing how to place an order for a Reader. (I've been hearing that since beginning of Oct.)

Let's hope Nov is a new beginning for them and they can start getting us our Readers...dammit!
Fzzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #233
vinniet
Connoisseur

I called the number above and got a very helpful CSR. He logged into my account and saw that I was not able to get the Reader price. I told him I show a order in my history and wondered if that was the problem. He shows the order canceled but it looks to be still waiting on my end.

He want away for a while and wrote me up a ticket that should be followed up in two days. We will see ......
Old 10-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #234
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Vinniet.. nothing will happen. I've already had a ticket the last time and it didn't work. Basically all that happened was that I got screwed. That is why I am called tomorrow and going to try to get a manager to talk to.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #235
mdmcavoy
mdmcavoy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
My Sony Reader (the 500) arrived today! Happy days.
mdmcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:04 AM   #236
vinniet
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Vinniet.. nothing will happen. I've already had a ticket the last time and it didn't work. Basically all that happened was that I got screwed. That is why I am called tomorrow and going to try to get a manager to talk to.
This is a different ticket then the one from the SonyRewards site. I have a ticket for that also but this one is for Sony member benifits. Its a different department.

I told him the people who never placed a order are getting the units and me (and many others) who did are being scr*wed.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #237
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Ok, I called again and was told a new ticket was created and it should be resolved in 48 hours. I'll be back on the phone if I hear nothing in 48 hours.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #238
jpfletcher
jpfletcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I called again and talked to the same rude CSR. He told me that I just have to wait for the email and there is nothing else they can do about it.
jpfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #239
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

in 48 hours, if it's not sorted, I am going to keep calling till I can speak to a manager. This is stupid. We get told in a week, it will be fixed, blah blah blah.. it's all BS. I don't expect a thing to be fixed in 48 hours.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #240
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
Ok, I jsut got an email saying the reader has been shipped. However, it doesn't mention anything about the tracking number...
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote