Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2024, 01:29 PM   #1
Homs
Homs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
Typing to annotate?

Is there some way to annotate PDFs with typed text on the PDF? I mean writing directly over it, like you can do with the stylus, but using the built-in keyboard interface that is used for searching, file naming, etc.

Or at the very least, is it possible to type on notes?

Is there perhaps some hack for it?
Homs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 01:54 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Which product?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:30 PM   #3
Homs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Which product?
Sony DPT-RP1
Old 02-07-2024, 06:56 PM   #4
Homs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homs View Post
Sony DPT-RP1
I bought it before September 2018 and it's made in China, if that helps.
Old 02-12-2024, 12:50 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
DPT = Digital Paper Tablet. Not an ereader. It does whatever Sony says and really needs the Sony Windows program to do anything.

Really I have no idea. I nearly bought one, but went off it when I realised it was very locked into the Sony desktop program. I'd be surprised if you could type on an existing PDF rather than use the stylus/pen thing.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote