Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
No, my signature espouses watching a children's television clip that's linked when you click on the bolded 'pirate' word.

Don't try and reduce this to some pithy and untrue comparison. And yes, I am better. Compared to him I'm a shining light for humanity. People who espouse genocide aren't worthy of being in any civilised community, neither are their racist sidekicks, or the silly people who defend them.
And in so being a "shining light of humanity" you find it perfectly acceptable to personally attack someone who is trying let things be and go about their business? You really are hypocrite. You don't have to like what he posts, but your not a person with the right to censor his beliefs. What exactly does civilization mean to you? Are you too good to let him learn from example, rather than being self absorbed ass? Sure, he said some things that aren't acceptable to you, but the moderators haven't seen things that way, and they DO have the final say. All you are doing is making a complete and total ass of yourself by continuing your stupid little internet tempter tantrum.

So you disagree with him, get over it.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #17
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post
And in so being a "shining light of humanity" you find it perfectly acceptable to personally attack someone who is trying let things be and go about their business? You really are hypocrite. You don't have to like what he posts, but your not a person with the right to censor his beliefs. What exactly does civilization mean to you? Are you too good to let him learn from example, rather than being self absorbed ass? Sure, he said some things that aren't acceptable to you, but the moderators haven't seen things that way, and they DO have the final say. All you are doing is making a complete and total ass of yourself by continuing your stupid little internet tempter tantrum.

So you disagree with him, get over it.
Listen, you're defending someone who espoused genocide. You are just as low as him, and I have no time for people like you. Nobody should have time for you. I may be an ass, in fact I am a lot of the time, but you know what I'd never do? I'd never suggest killing out an entire race like that human stain who posted this thread. And if he wanted to be left alone, why did he post this thread? He could have gone about his business and never posted again. You could have even PM'd him with racist jokes and pictures of 'da troops bringing freedom to the world'. You and the little cadre of flag-waving warmongers who excuse his behaviour could have started your own group and kept it well away from all of us who espouse peace and putting down the gun.

/Anger is a gift/
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Aye, I'm defending him because I believe people are entitled to their own beliefs.Your entitled to disagree with him, and thats all fine and good, but your getting ridiculous with it. I also support him for serving OUR country. Even if he does for reasons I may or may not disagree with, he still does it. I don't care if you agree or disagree, but you need to leave him alone.

He has also stated that he didn't mean what it is that he posted, and that happens. You can espouse peace all you want, what you are doing is no different than being a war-monger. I don't believe he is a racist, or really wants to commit genocide. I think he was having a bad day and got upset. Hes a patriot, and all the posts he saw as anti-American certainly didn't help his day. However, so what if he does think that genocide is acceptable? He is obviously not in a position to make policy, and he knows that. Leave him be.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Just thought I'd pop in, before this thread gets closed down, and say I appreciated H_T's expression of regret.
Personally I never find those easy myself, so kudos to anyone who manages it.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #20
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post
Aye, I'm defending him because I believe people are entitled to their own beliefs.Your entitled to disagree with him, and thats all fine and good, but your getting ridiculous with it. I also support him for serving OUR country. Even if he does for reasons I may or may not disagree with, he still does it. I don't care if you agree or disagree, but you need to leave him alone.

He has also stated that he didn't mean what it is that he posted, and that happens. You can espouse peace all you want, what you are doing is no different than being a war-monger. I don't believe he is a racist, or really wants to commit genocide. I think he was having a bad day and got upset. Hes a patriot, and all the posts he saw as anti-American certainly didn't help his day. However, so what if he does think that genocide is acceptable? He is obviously not in a position to make policy, and he knows that. Leave him be.
YOU ARE DEFENDING GENOCIDE AS A BELIEF! Can you not see what you're doing? You're making excuses for something that goes against humanity. That is a crime against humanity. You don't get to take that back, and especially when you then start another thread giving stupid excuses for why you did it, and trying to tidy up the evil that you spouted. The evil still remains. And I still can't believe that he wasn't banned for what he said or that everyone acts like Recluse didn't say what he said.

You're really not worthy of a reply any longer. You are tarred by your association with those two. I'd much rather never have to see your posts again, and I certainly will never take part in any thread or be associated with anybody here who is associated with _terd and recluse.

Not my final statement, but I think I've made my position clear.

Here is my 'line in the sand', I have drawn it and now there is a side to be on. One way or the other you can't have both feet straddle that line. Take a step.
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Just thought I'd pop in, before this thread gets closed down, and say I appreciated H_T's expression of regret.
Personally I never find those easy myself, so kudos to anyone who manages it.
Do you really see it as a solemn expression of regret?

I think he cuts a lot of corners. He was pushed by all the anti-american posts. That's the same as a personal attack on him and so forth. I think he's passing blame between the lines.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #22
Spoon Man
Groupie

Dusty, seriously, I think any sane person can see that I'm not defending Genocide. The fact of the matter is he has stated that he does not seriously believe that genocide is acceptable. He was ANGRY, thus obviously not RATIONAL when he made his statement. Moderators understand this, thus they didn't ban him. There were probably words in private, where such things belong, and he hasn't made the same mistake twice.

And Laz, different people express regret in different ways. I do truly believe that he is making an attempt at expressing regret, and there my belief will be until he says something to the contrary.

You can't accurately judge a person based on one aspect of life. What he says here is just that, not who he is. Let the man go in peace, and you in yours, so that we can end this war of words. I'm sure that if he espouses pro-genocide crap in the future the moderators will handle it. On this board, it is not your place, nor mine, to police at that level.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #23
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Censorship works both ways guys. If my political beliefs make you angry then hit the ignore member option and I will do the same.

I apologized for losing my temper and having a "kill em all" type attitude. I apologized to quite a few people via pm right after I made such comments and there is nothing else left I can do about it.

--------------

I just wanted to go on record stating that I do support things such as the atomic bomb being dropped during WWII but not ever genocide. You can twist them to mean the same thing if you want...but that is an opinion we are just going to have to differ on. But be of good cheer...it isnt my finger on the button so my opinion shouldnt mean anything to you.

--------------------
I wasnt even going to drop into the lounge but I was being harassed on the other forums and figured I could put an end to that if I were to bite my lip and apologize for the harsh words i used two months ago out of anger. I guess I was wrong.
---------------------

I am not asking for anyone to "forgive" or forget what I said. I am simply asking you to leave me alone if you are going to go out of your way to bring up what happened to take a jab at me.

Last edited by happy_terd; 05-23-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #24
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I cannot believe that a forum, supposedly inhabited by rational thinking adults has come to this stupidity.

Firstly, Spoon Man is not defending genocide, like he himself says, he is simply being accepting and understanding that what was said was done in anger. Sure it was not the most polite thing to say, it is something most people (obviously) have very strong feelings about, and we all know we should never speak from our emotions. However, we've all done, and most of us will do it again.

Secondly, yes H_T did espouse genocide as a reasonable solution, most importantly though, he has since, and repeatedly said that he did not mean to say it, that he does not actually support it, and that he regrets saying it. If that is not enough for anyone to be able to forgive him or, at the very least, accept that he did not really mean it then they should, as suggested, place him on ignore and not pay any attention to what he says from now on.

I for one am glad H_T might be willing to post again in the lounge, topics of world domination and genocide aside, I've found most of his posts to be insightful and well written. I'm sad to see that his first attempt, and an apology at that, had been met with so much anger.

Last edited by dsvick; 05-23-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #25
Dusty Bottoms
Banned

And I am now glad to know where this site and this forum stands. And where the consensus seems to lie about Terd and Recluse. Simply put if these two 'members' are what this community allows, then what is the point of being part of this community any longer?
Old 05-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #26
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And I am now glad to know where this site and this forum stands. And where the consensus seems to lie about Terd and Recluse. Simply put if these two 'members' are what this community allows, then what is the point of being part of this community any longer?
censorship works both ways buddy. Sometimes in order to protect against censorship you got to listen to things you do not want to hear.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #27
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
No, this is not where the site and the forum stand, this is where some of them stand. Some of them stand over there with you, some over there with the blue one next to the fish, and others in a completely different place.

Furthermore, that is only where they all stand on this one topic. I'm sure there are a great deal of topics out there where you would find you stand in the same place with people you never would have expected to.

The point to being in the community is to share those areas of common interest. The other benefit is that you can experience a great many other things from others that you may not have had the opportunity to. I've learned a lot about other people and cultures from this and other internationally made up communities. Some of the things I've learned have been very interesting and have led me to other things, some things were really weird and I just let them slide, while others I found angered me and upset me greatly. You have to be able to see past the things that really upset you in order to catch the nuggets of coolness. If you're so blinded by what you perceive as an unforgivable error and leave the community then the community is slightly lessened for it, but you are even more lessened by the lose of the community.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #28
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Wait. I'm part of the forum. Are you telling me that I approve comments like those? That does sound collectivistic, mr.Dusty. The same way that mr.Terd said what he said, you're nuking us all by saying we all stand behind things that one member, who is not an administrator or moderator of the site, has said.

You're free to leave, but not damning us all just because you got pissed with one member.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #29
Dusty Bottoms
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Wait. I'm part of the forum. Are you telling me that I approve comments like those? That does sound collectivistic, mr.Dusty. The same way that mr.Terd said what he said, you're nuking us all by saying we all stand behind things that one member, who is not an administrator or moderator of the site, has said.

You're free to leave, but not damning us all just because you got pissed with one member.
I'm *** of at him, sure, but the moderators and owners too. He violated TOS at the highest level with what he said, and he should have banned. But he wasn't, and now he's still here, him and his little army buddies to defend the killing and the genocide and all the other nasty shit.

Little gits playing soldier and freedom in other people's lands and then getting riled because we dare question their jaunt in the Middle East? Screw them, and screw you too if you defend these ***.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 05-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #30
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Removed for profanity

I did not stir up the pot. I have been on this site for the last two months downloading my books and never spoke to anyone. After 2 months I decided to post in the intro forum and didnt post in the lounge at all. Someone came to one of the threads I was on and was publicly mean to me so I posted this thread here to apologize and ask to be left alone.
-------------------
Dont leave the site though dusty booty. Dont make the same mistake I did speaking out of anger and giving everyone the middle finger.
--------------------
You shouldnt attack recluse either. He spoke one paragraph out of anger and then said "ooops didnt mean it" and now you are saying he cannot be forgiven....ever....wow. Now if I came back stating I meant exactly what I said to hell with you all then that is different. You cant have that kind of "righteous" anger then be upset when the target has a change of heart or admits to mispeaking. That means you win. You were right I was wrong.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-19-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
a happy_terd production