Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Dumas
Edge User

PEs shipping with different power adapters?

So I ordered a PE for myself and one for my Dad off the Woot! special.

One came with a DSA-12PFA-05FUS which does not work (wrong plug type).

The other came with a DSA-12G-12FUS which does work.

Has anyone else run across this?

I see there are replacements available at WalMart and Amazon, but my forum search didn't turn up any other info.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Wow! That's weird!

Have you tried asking enTourage for a replacement? Don't know if it will work, but worth a try!

Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Dumas
Edge User

Figured it was too late to call today so will try tomorrow. Other new users with problems have reported Entourage support to be less than helpful, so not expecting much there. I considered the risk on making the purchase given the company's apparent situation, but didn't figure I'd get stuff that couldn't work as shipped. Wouldn't work? Maybe. There's bound to be some DOA and Woot! will RMA and refund that stuff.

Using the adapter that did work, both devices appear to be okay, so worst case I'm out another $20 to get an adapter that works. Net loss might be $10 since you have to pay return shipping to Woot! on an RMA.

I thought I read a post in these forums about some problem with a power adapter plug that wasn't long enough or something like that. Post date was last year and I think Entourage made good on that for those users. Don't know if this is something similar or not. Definitely weird.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
larka2006
Edge User

Just got my full size Edge delivered yesterday (Tech U). I was surprised that power adapter is huge, has 2 parts (more like laptop size). I tried PE adapter to charge EE - It works! So I can keep one at work and one at home...