Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Wazzjazz
Wazzjazz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Protective Jackets

Hi All
I'm a new Nook user and am trying to decide if I need to purchase a protective jacket for my Nook. Any ideas? My thoughts are that it may then be held like a paper book which might be a bit more balanced. I also thought that it would provide some protection. To all of you experienced readers, I appreciate all you have to offer.
Wazzjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
emt
Nameless Being

Beware

Just be careful - the design idiots at BN forgot that there is a rear-mounted speaker and I have no seen any cover/jacket that doesn't cover the speaker up. I'm returning y Industrielle cover today!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Quantalume
Quantalume began at the beginning.

Device: nook wifi
I prefer to hold my nook by itself when reading. This gives me easy access to the pagination buttons on either side. I also like the feel of the rubberized back. I have a slipcase like the one in the link below to protect it when not in use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170491461724
Quantalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Just be careful - the design idiots at BN forgot that there is a rear-mounted speaker and I have no seen any cover/jacket that doesn't cover the speaker up. I'm returning y Industrielle cover today!
Get an ice pick and punch some speaker holes in it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
varelov
Enthusiast
varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Of course it needs a cover. And a protective foil too. I have one of the "Cover with quotation" series of covers, with a quote from Chesterton. Do yourself a favor and put that guy under cover before you scratch the screen/drop the nook (accidentally or otherwise).
varelov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
Baka no Kami
Baka no Kami is on a distinguished road

Device: Baka no Kami
I hollowed out an old book for my nook's case:

http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=1178.0

I wanted something that provided more protection when I was walking around, or had it in a bag, but didn't actually get in the way when holding it to read.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the nookcolor. It fits in the hollow book, but not as well, it doesn't close properly, but I also want something that integrates a stand of some kind. I've been using the NC for video and think it'd be nice to have it stand up on it's own.
Baka no Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
You must be talking about the Nook color?
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote