Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Stuck, unresponsive Opus can't be turned off

While reading on my Opus, which I bought a few weeks ago, I clicked the forward button to advance to the next page. The led briefly lit, but nothing happened. Pressing Menu or other buttons didn't produce any actions either. If I keep pressing ON/OFF at the top of the device to turn it off, the led blinks while the button is being pressed, but nothing happens. The Opus is stuck turned on, and is unresponsive. The battery has about 20% charge.

Any suggestions?
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Un update. Now, when I keep pressing the top ON/OFF switch, the led no longer blinks, it isn't lit at all.
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
amoroso
Groupie

I tried resetting the Opus with an unfolded paperclip in the reset hole: nothing happened.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi paolo,
you say you've only had your opus for a few weeks, i suspect that your battery is dead. it can be disconcerting at first to see something displayed on the screen when the device does not work ; it's because no power is needed to maintain the display, so it appears to be "stuck on". the battery meter which shows how much charge is left needs a few cycles to parameter itself ; so it might show you still have 20%, when in fact you have no battery. or it could show that you have none, when really you have 20%. try doing a full charge of the opus and see whether that helps. the battery meter will eventually become accurate when it has been able to correctly gauge the real charge over several cycles (charged / empty) and you won't have that trouble any more. let us know if this works... good luck !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I second Zelda. Especially with the battery metter saying 20%, loook like dead battery.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 AM   #6
amoroso
Groupie

Thanks, the battery was indeed dead. I recharged it and the Opus works fine again. Bottom line: the first full charge lasted 19 days of normal usage, i.e. since I bought the device. Not bad.

Although I am aware of how E-ink works, this is the second time I forget and find the screen behavior disconcerting. The first one was when I tried to peel that "transparent protective cover with an image" off the screen :-)
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
The led briefly lit, but nothing happened.
I missed that one.
And yeah , in cybook language that means : "charge the battery you idiot!". Mine told me that quitte a few times.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 07-26-2010 at 05:49 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote