Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Wanted features

This is the official wanted features thread for the Pocketbook devices. if you really want a feature in here, just put it in here. As soon as a feature gets five positive votes, the support team will consider it voted for and check with the GfK (Guys from Kiev - our programmers) if such a feature is feasible and will give feedback. Thanks to all active posters!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Thank you,
Then I would like to start with a request for:

A way to see how many days are left on a borrowed epub/pdf, like it is possible on the Sony's.
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
Thank you,
Then I would like to start with a request for:

A way to see how many days are left on a borrowed epub/pdf, like it is possible on the Sony's.
And that it says that it has expired (when it has expired), and not just like the current message that it is impossible to open.
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
mishaikin
mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mishaikin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
1. As stupid as it may sound, but I would like an alarm (silent) if it is feasible and will not drain too much of the battery. Sometimes, reading people forget burning things in the oven because of loosing track of time (in spite of the clock in the status bar) ...
2. Better way to navigate (going back from deep levels of bookshelf folders to the main menu with a click)
mishaikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaikin View Post
1. As stupid as it may sound, but I would like an alarm (silent) if it is feasible and will not drain too much of the battery. Sometimes, reading people forget burning things in the oven because of loosing track of time (in spite of the clock in the status bar) ...
2. Better way to navigate (going back from deep levels of bookshelf folders to the main menu with a click)
There is a simple solution for 2: Just map a key to that feature. It can be done via the keymapping subtab in the configuration menu.
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Blue sky time!

1- I doubt it will get 5 votes much less get implemented but LIT format support would be greatly appreciated.

2- More realistically, good documentation for the dictionary format. A wizard type creator tool would be desirable but I'd settle for the documentation. Failing that, some good *commercial-grade* dictionaries in western languages; english, spanish, french. Both definition and translation.

3- Better documentation for the Theme creator tools, maybe a wizard?

4- The current "Notes" app is really a clipping tool. A good one and useful. But an actual note-taking App that links snippets of user text in the notebook would be a bit more useful. Failing that, how about a highlighter feature at least? The same approach as the full-screen clipping would work but with shading over select passages?

5- Ability to open ebooks (epub, prc, whatever) from inside an HTML document. No need to return to the launching HTML doc required, though it would be nice. The purpose? Well, for starters, one could create an Author Bibliography doc and open ebooks from inside it.

6- Ability to link an info file (with a hide attribute) to a folder/ebook in the bookshelf. (see above) Combined with a new Bookshelf mode that displays the info instead of the thumbnail when the file is highlighted it could be used for book summaries, ratings.

Basically, the Pocketbook environment isn't just an electronic ebook reader, it's an electronic *library*. The file management features are great (and better than most competitors) but it would be nice if we could move from file management (so '80's!) to *document* management, which requires using the ebook's metadata.

Anybody agree with that last statement as a *goal*?
(Yeah, I know; its not a computer and I'm not asking that the bookshelf become a database; just for a way to manage the ebooks using metadata, not just file attributes. A PC-based app that creates hidden info files might do the trick.)

Just throwing ideas out okay?
But better dictionary support is a must.

And LIT suport? Pretty please?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
1- I doubt it will get 5 votes much less get implemented but LIT format support would be greatly appreciated.
VOTE!
only 3 votes to go.
Please, please, pretty please Lit support would be great.

Quote:
2- More realistically, good documentation for the dictionary format. A wizard type creator tool would be desirable but I'd settle for the documentation. Failing that, some good *commercial-grade* dictionaries in western languages; english, spanish, french. Both definition and translation.
You got my vote for this one as well.
PocketBook might start by translating the existing docs from Russian to English ;-)

Quote:
Vote again.

Quote:
5- Ability to open ebooks (epub, prc, whatever) from inside an HTML document. No need to return to the launching HTML doc required, though it would be nice. The purpose? Well, for starters, one could create an Author Bibliography doc and open ebooks from inside it.
This would be nice to have.
You get a half vote for this one.

Quote:
And LIT suport? Pretty please?
You got my vote again.
Does it make four votes already?
Pretty please ...
;-)

Oh ...
Did I mention LIT support?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Ad 1: Do I have a vote, too? So it's only 2 to go. There's hope for that, in fact, as PB is shaping up a new reader app (based on Webkit?).

Ad 2: There will be a multilingual ABBYY Lingvo dictionary pretty soon.

Ad 3: Good point

Ad 4: A "REAL" note function is in the making (cf Ad 1:)

Quote:
Blue sky time!

4- The current "Notes" app is really a clipping tool. A good one and useful. But an actual note-taking App that links snippets of user text in the notebook would be a bit more useful. Failing that, how about a highlighter feature at least? The same approach as the full-screen clipping would work but with shading over select passages?

6- Ability to link an info file (with a hide attribute) to a folder/ebook in the bookshelf. (see above) Combined with a new Bookshelf mode that displays the info instead of the thumbnail when the file is highlighted it could be used for book summaries, ratings.

Basically, the Pocketbook environment isn't just an electronic ebook reader, it's an electronic *library*. The file management features are great (and better than most competitors) but it would be nice if we could move from file management (so '80's!) to *document* management, which requires using the ebook's metadata.

Anybody agree with that last statement as a *goal*?
(Yeah, I know; its not a computer and I'm not asking that the bookshelf become a database; just for a way to manage the ebooks using metadata, not just file attributes. A PC-based app that creates hidden info files might do the trick.)

Just throwing ideas out okay?
But better dictionary support is a must.

And LIT suport? Pretty please? ;)
Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
batgirl
Enthusiast
batgirl doesn't litterbatgirl doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook360
I want to second Anders request for a way to see how many days are left on a borrowed epub/pdf. Thanks!
batgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
A real dictionary! Not a translation dictionary, but one to look up words in that is more current than 1913. I'd pay for this.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
A real dictionary! Not a translation dictionary, but one to look up words in that is more current than 1913. I'd pay for this.

-Marcy
I am trying to get this one converted by the gentleman that created the epub. Its based off the 1913 dictionary but with over 100,000+ words added.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80267
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
Cos
Cos began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
I vote for lit support *** one to go!
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post

-Marcy
In trolling for themes I ran into this:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ry&sl=ru&tl=en

It knows HDTV, computers, LASERs and it knows internet.
Unless somebody squawks about copyright I figure that between this and the (updated) Webster's I'll be set.
At least until somebody brings the OED over.

(Which exists in LIT format, btw.)
(HINT!)

Last edited by fjtorres; 04-16-2010 at 07:46 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #14
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I vote for LIT support too! Is that five votes?

I'd love a new dictionary, too. I'd really like to never see the word "twixt" in a dictionary search again

I'm guessing with metadata support we'd be able to use tags. I think that would be fantastic. I LOVE the organisation of the PB360, I'm a file organising junkie, but I'd love to be able to use tags with my books as well.

Last edited by IndecisiveMe; 04-17-2010 at 04:23 AM. Reason: I have no idea why junkie came out j- unkie ;)
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:14 AM   #15
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I vote for LIT support too! Is that five votes?

I'd love a new dictionary, too. I'd really like to never see the word "twixt" in a dictionary search again

I'm guessing with metadata support we'd be able to use tags. I think that would be fantastic. I LOVE the organisation of the PB360, I'm a file organising j- unkie, but I'd love to be able to use tags with my books as well.
I second tags!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote