Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Wanted Content Lister features

Here are some features I'd like to see added to the Content Lister, once we've got the source:
  • Alternate view styles, e.g. filename or title only, details (author, filesize, date), cover, probably include current 6-per-screen as one option
  • Adjustable font size for listings
  • mark book as "read"
  • mark reading order in series
  • rank/prioritize TBR books
  • rate a book and sort/search by ratings
  • Full text search across all documents on device
  • Switch between open documents
  • tag books, synchronize tags with LibraryThing or Amazon, search by tag, tag cloud view to find similar books
  • Alphabetic pager (ABC, DEF, etc)
  • Category view

FBreader library does some of these, but the library isn't easy to get to with the latest version of FBreader, and in any case, it would be nicer to have access to these features regardless of viewer. I think this data could be kept in the manifest files.....

Last edited by nekokami; 10-17-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: suggestions by Axel77, PhRex, etc.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
A field for full text search over all documents on the device.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, absolutely! I will add that to the first post.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
PhRex
PhRex began at the beginning.

Device: None/iRex iLiad/LG Chocolate
I also would like to have the possibility to switch between two open documents, or at least, if the iLiad HW resouces do not allow it, to mimic such a switch, by inserting a soft key in the UI allowing to access directly the last open document. This would allow easy one touch comings and goings between two documents (since those generally open at the last page read).

Philippe
PhRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Added "switch between open documents," though I'm not sure it's a content lister function. It's highly desirable functionality, wherever it gets implemented. I have a great need to be able to switch between open documents and Notes, myself.
Advert
Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
what happened to the good old "show more items per page" 'feature'? :P
I can't really say i enjoy having subdirectories that have 21 pages worth of 6 items
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
PhRex
PhRex began at the beginning.

Device: None/iRex iLiad/LG Chocolate
You're right, Zero'. This is likely the most wanted improvement in iRex forums.
PhRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Silly me. I was thinking of this last night, too.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'd also like to be able to tag books, and synchronize tags with LibraryThing or Amazon.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #10
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I like how the Sony implements title and author view. After choosing your view method it still categorizes that into an alphabetical tabbed view (abc, def, etc.). This makes it relatively easy to get through a large library by either title or author.

A category view or feature would be nice as well.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote