Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
how well does arc surf the web?

Is it slow?

I am seeing if I should buy an arc, not only for reading, but also use it as a tablet to surf the web.

So, before I move on to spend my money, I want to ask people who already owns it.

What kind of web surfing experiences are you having with arc? How well is the experience, compared to a PC, or laptop?
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I find it peforms very well surfing the web. I use Chrome as my browser and I'm very happy with it.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Works as well as any 7" tablet. Better than many, actually, due to the 1280x800 resolution.

I prefer Firefox, personally - its double-tap-to-focus on text seems to be better than Chrome and the stock Browser (can't find the gesture for it in Dolphin, which is annoying, and haven't tried Opera, so no comment there), which makes browsing a LOT better, in both portait and landscape modes.

Just wish it, and the other browsers (and keyboard apps, I guess) would give you a prefixes (http, ftp, about. ://, and so on) key in addition to the standard affixes (.com and so on) key so that entering addresses is less painful (otherwise you're stuck going to Google first for almost every address you enter, which is probably why things're done that way in Android ).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Others said it, it is doing it well with the 1280x800 real estate
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I find most web pages load up anywhere in the 2-4 second range. Just depends on the amount of content of the site. Everything looks nice too. The zoom feature works real good.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
KyonCoraeL
KyonCoraeL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
I bought this on boxing day. I am glad I did. I would have died from boredom without it on the plane ride this morning. The screen is good and the load times are fast.
KyonCoraeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
http://www.androidcentral.com/kobo-arc-review

most complete review i've seen for the arc
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
I just bought it yesterday (16 gb version), with a deal that bundles a free kobo mini. The arc tablet is great, surfing the web is in fact very convinent with arc, as many stated above. Overall I think it is a really good deal for that price (good hardware with a wide variety of software selections of android apps). Not to mention with a free mini come with it, it is like one of the best tablet deals out there.
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote