Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Tessie6
Connoisseur
Tessie6 doesn't litterTessie6 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
two ddifferent 650's need to transfer books

If this has been asked before, please direct me to that:

I own a 650 and so does my daughter in law. She wants me to tansfer some of my books on my SD and MC card to her SD and Mc cards so she can read them. I'm using Calibre to store and add/delete books.

How do I do that. Do I have to have both 650s present or just an SD card.

Detailed instructions would be helpful....I'm not too Calibre knowledgeable.

Tessie
Tessie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
It would be best if you have your daughter-in-law's PRS-650 on hand. That way, you can use Calibre like you normally do. Just connect your daughter-in-law's 650 to your computer, select the books you want to copy, click on send to device and that's it.

If she just gives you her SD card, then you can use the Save to disk feature. Do you have a card reader installed on your computer?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Could you put the Calibre library in the cloud (via something like Dropbox)?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
It would be best if you have your daughter-in-law's PRS-650 on hand. That way, you can use Calibre like you normally do. Just connect your daughter-in-law's 650 to your computer, select the books you want to copy, click on send to device and that's it.

If she just gives you her SD card, then you can use the Save to disk feature. Do you have a card reader installed on your computer?
As ilovejedd said using her 650 is easiest.
Almost as easy is to put her SD card in your 650 ad transfer books or any SD card.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
As ilovejedd said using her 650 is easiest.
Almost as easy is to put her SD card in your 650 ad transfer books or any SD card.
Helen
True but if you do it this way, I'm not sure if collections will work.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
True but if you do it this way, I'm not sure if collections will work.
Me either. Seems they did on my 600, but maybe I had to connect to calibre with automatic management. Can't recall.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote