Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Tanzaku
Enthusiast
Tanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litterTanzaku doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3
Music by Genre?

I just noticed a really dumb thing — the default music player does not allow playing by genre. Odd, because the Cloud Player does and all my uploaded music is recognized by the genre tags I've placed in the ID3 tags. I wonder if we can look forward to playing by genre in a future update? Or will PowerAmp get approved for the KF? The race is on . . .

Or am I just missing it entirely?
Tanzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
I just noticed a really dumb thing — the default music player does not allow playing by genre. Odd, because the Cloud Player does and all my uploaded music is recognized by the genre tags I've placed in the ID3 tags. I wonder if we can look forward to playing by genre in a future update? Or will PowerAmp get approved for the KF? The race is on . . .

Or am I just missing it entirely?
I noticed that too. You can make playlists to get what you want but that's about it at the moment. You edit the playlists inside the Music app or through the Cloud music website.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert