Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #46
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Just started listening to August Follies by Angela Thirkell, read by Nadia May (aka Wanda McKadden/Donada Peters). Delightful, and there are several more as well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #47
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm burning through the Mistborn trilogy (Brandon Sanderson). I'm about 1/3 into the last audiobook. They certainly flare their pooters a lot.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #48
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I'm listening to Luke Daniels read "Hammered" by Kevin Hearne. He's doing a superb job distinguishing all of the character voices.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #49
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Currently listening to Company Man by Joseph Finder narrated by Scott Brick, it's ok I have this feeling that the payout is not going to be worth the journey but we shall see.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #50
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Almost finished "Widdershins" by Charles de Lint, I'm really enjoying both the story and the narration by Kate Reading. It's due back at the library in 2 days so I expect to get a lot of knitting done before then lol. It's an overdrive loan so I can't keep it for a few days extra
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #51
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
I am just starting "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S.Lewis. The narrator is John Cleese - a brilliant choice for narrating this book.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #52
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Finishing up John Steinbeck's Travels with Charley, well narrated by actor Gary Sinese.
Also listening to Lethal Lineage, a murder mystery set in rural (western) Kansas; it's the second one featuring historian/cop Lottie Albright, but I don't feel I've missed too much in not having read the first one (which my library doesn't have as an audio).
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #53
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am just starting "The Lodger Shakespeare: His Life on Silver Street" by Charles Nicholl. It describes what he was doing around the year 1612, when he was working on "Measure For Measure" and "King Lear".

It's quite good so far.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #54
bfisher
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
I am just starting "The Lodger Shakespeare: His Life on Silver Street" by Charles Nicholl. It describes what he was doing around the year 1612, when he was working on "Measure For Measure" and "King Lear".

It's quite good so far.

Now that I'm midway into it, I see it is more about the doings of Shakespeare's landlady Lots of detail about everyday live and high fashion in early Jacobean London. Still interesting enough, if only for being amazed about the number of references Nicholl can find in Elizabethan and Jacobean drama to female headresses.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #55
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Notwithstanding" by Louis de Bernieres, a series of linked short stories set in an English village, inspired by the place and time he grew up in. It is beautifully written, makes you laugh and cry and gives a wonderful picture of life in a simpler world. I am enjoying it immensely, much more than I had expected.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #56
bfisher
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
"Notwithstanding" by Louis de Bernieres, a series of linked short stories set in an English village, inspired by the place and time he grew up in. It is beautifully written, makes you laugh and cry and gives a wonderful picture of life in a simpler world. I am enjoying it immensely, much more than I had expected.

Thanks very much for the recommendation. I was able to get this in print at my local library. I am halfway through, and love it. I particularly enjoyed the Girt Pike, Mrs Mac and the ongoing thread of the Wind Quartet.

I'm enjoying this book so much that "The Partisans Daughter" and "Corellis Mandolin" are going on my Must Read/Listen To List.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #57
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Nearly finished with River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze by Peter Hessler. This is the third of his books that I've gotten from Audible. I managed to read them in revere order of publishing dates, but the stories are not related (except to be about modern day China) and I've enjoyed all three.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #58
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just finished "First Patient" by Michael Palmer. A college chum of the president is asked to come to Washington DC to be the personal physician for the POTUS because the previous doctor has mysteriously disappeared. Pretty decent novel with one or two really dumb plot devices in the middle.

I have just started "Cold Vengeance" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (a favorite of mine). This is the latest Agent Pendergast novel.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #59
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Currently listening to Without Fail by Lee Child, I notice that Audible are having a halloween sale must go check it out later today
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #60
amward
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Thanks very much for the recommendation. I was able to get this in print at my local library. I am halfway through, and love it. I particularly enjoyed the Girt Pike, Mrs Mac and the ongoing thread of the Wind Quartet.

I'm enjoying this book so much that "The Partisans Daughter" and "Corellis Mandolin" are going on my Must Read/Listen To List.
I've not read "The Partisan's Daughter", but i loved "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" It is quite different from "Notwithstanding" though.

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations