Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
pilotguy
pilotguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo arc sleepcovers out in the wild!

FYI, if you are in the Vancouver area, Chapters in Richmond has just gotten the sleep covers in. I picked up a heather grey to go with my white arc.

They have black and a purpley/pink one.

I wager they won't last long.

Oh. And hi! First post here! Love my Arc so far. Have to rebox it on the 24th though. Wife's orders. Also have to work on my Xmas morning surprise face! Haha.
pilotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Saw them today in Chapters at Kennedy Commons in Toronto (401 and Kennedy). Picked one up to go with the wife's Xmas present (an Arc).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Thanks for the info, i'm going to check it out tomorrow.

It is kinda sad the covers weren't available when they sell the devices.
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Youbenicenow
Youbenicenow began at the beginning.

Device: KoboArc
The cover for the Arc are in Chapters in St. Vital Centre in Winnipeg. Saw them today. By the time you got through the line to pay for one ($44 and change), it will be after Christmas. I think I will wait awhile. Regards.
Youbenicenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
At that price, I'll definitely pass and just keep using a $20 Targus case... Though, actually, even if it were cheaper, I don't think I'd want a cover of any sort - even the lightest just add too much weight to the device and make it bulkier to use.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotguy View Post
FYI, if you are in the Vancouver area, Chapters in Richmond has just gotten the sleep covers in. I picked up a heather grey to go with my white arc.

They have black and a purpley/pink one.

I wager they won't last long.

Oh. And hi! First post here! Love my Arc so far. Have to rebox it on the 24th though. Wife's orders. Also have to work on my Xmas morning surprise face! Haha.
Your lucky. Her who must be obeyed wouldn't let me play with mine at all. All I've been able to get is it plugged in on Christmas eve so it's charged for Christmas day
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youbenicenow View Post
The cover for the Arc are in Chapters in St. Vital Centre in Winnipeg. Saw them today. By the time you got through the line to pay for one ($44 and change), it will be after Christmas. I think I will wait awhile. Regards.
I got the $30 gift card from indigo during their promotion sale so it will be a $15+tax cover for me. Weeeeeeeeeeee heh
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
pilotguy
pilotguy began at the beginning.

Yes. I used my gift card to offset the cost of the cover.

It's pretty slim, doesnt add much bulk at all, (think iPad smart cover) especially the heather grey fabric-like one. Not a big fan of leather(ette) covers. Have one on my old kobo wifi and tired of that kind of feel.
pilotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
I just bought a black one. I don't really like the feel of it. I think I'll return it in a few days if I don't change my mind. My initial thoughts:

- in the "type" stance, the screen is probably too small to really type like a full keyboard, so it's not that much better for typing. Also, the home screen, app drawer don't rotate to landscape, so if you're multitasking, get used to twisting your neck.

- In the "watch" mode, it's not very stable. So when you're tapping the menus, play/pause, etc, you have to be gentle or the folded cover might come undone and it will flop over.

- When opened or closed, the cover adds a fair amount of thickness to the overall package. Without the case, I can easily palm the Arc. But with the case, because of the material it's made out of, it's not so easy.

I'll try it out for a few more days before deciding, but for $50, I don't think it's worth it.
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, sleep cover