Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
A Rather Stupid Question

I started out with one Kobo Vox last Christmas, I now have three, the Vox, a Arc and a Mini. My wife will use the Arc and the Mini will be used between us. At times my wife will want to load one of my books on her Arc and I was told by Kobo that we would need a shared account. When my wife fired up her Arc she used my account and password, consequently all my books were downloaded onto her Arc. She only wanted one of my books, so she decided to delete some of the books and they were also deleted from my Vox. Obviously we did this wrong. How do we set up the shared account so she can occasionally download one of my books but both ereaders can be independents?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
After lots of frustration it appears we cannot, even within the same household, share a book, but must either have all the books from one account on all ereaders or purchase the same book twice to place it on two readers. Then in setting up email it turns out that this too is a problem for sympatico accounts, and then there is adobe flash needed for some video on demand feeds but a problem for the Arc. My wife says she is taking it back and may get the Nexus. What a shame
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Wrong post. Sorry.

Last edited by llcj; 01-14-2013 at 04:34 PM.
llcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
After lots of frustration it appears we cannot, even within the same household, share a book, but must either have all the books from one account on all ereaders or purchase the same book twice to place it on two readers. Then in setting up email it turns out that this too is a problem for sympatico accounts, and then there is adobe flash needed for some video on demand feeds but a problem for the Arc. My wife says she is taking it back and may get the Nexus. What a shame
She'll probably have all the same issues with the Nexus... Even though it is a nice device too. Hopefully she's changing for a reason other than availability of Flash, sympatico email and kobo accounts...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote