Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
kimmie2510
kimmie2510 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Book disappeared

Book I was reading has disappeared from my libary.It was there last night and gone this morning.Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what can I do to fix it so it doesn't happen again.
kimmie2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Is this just on your Vox, or has it disappeared from your library on the Kobo website as well?

If on the Vox, swipe to the left page, which will take you to a "preview" page. There's a bug in the Vox software which causes it to place a "preview" banner on purchased books, and when that happens, the book will move off the "My Books" screen. Once you open the book and navigate to a point past the preview stop off, a refresh will remove the banner. Unfortunately, however, the problem tends to return when the Kobo software on the Vox is refreshed. Kobo staff is well aware of this and no permanent fix has been offered. I imagine that it will not be forthcoming now that the Vox replacement, the "Arc", is coming out. This is happening with a book I am currently reading, so losing the bookmark is annoying. I think I'll end up finishing my book on my iPad.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
kimmie2510
kimmie2510 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
The book was gone from both.I have the book saved on my computer so I just reloaded it to my vox.But what a pain trying to find the page I was on.
kimmie2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie2510 View Post
The book was gone from both.I have the book saved on my computer so I just reloaded it to my vox.But what a pain trying to find the page I was on.
I download all my books to my laptop, too, just in case something like this happens.

Odd that it would disappear from the library at the Kobo website as well. Maybe it's in the Trash or the list of Purchased items?
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote