Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Calibre web server on MAC I cant get to work.. any help appreciated.

Ok so i have opened calibre and turned web server on and given it a server port of 80XX(not 8080) I have then in my router made sure this port is open set up as TCP with my macs internal IP etc
(I have port forwarded succesfully for xbox live and VPN services so dont think thats my prob but hey im no expert.

I then used an online IP lookup to get my externalIP of 95.XXX.XXX.XX

I then in a browser type http://95.XXX.XXX.XX:80XX

and i get 'the connection has timed out, the server 95.XXX.XXX.XX is taking too long to respond'

Im using the latest caliber have books in various formats including EPub and have also tried adding this into stanza where the error says 'Catalog Error, Error reading catalog data. please try again later'

I have tried various things but am getting nowhere fast.

Thanks for any suggestions
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you're getting a timeout, the first thing to check is a firewall/router setup.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you're getting a timeout, the first thing to check is a firewall/router setup.
Which makes sense but I have set up the router to allow access via port 80XX and I can connect to it via VPN from other computers, so it seems like it should be open and working.

quick thought could it be having 1874 books that means it doesnt have time to get all the info so times out?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, the server first sends a small ((less than 4K) html page and then loads the books only 25 at a time via ajax.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
stustaff
Wizard

Thanks Kovid i will go and play, im sure Im missing something obvious then.
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
stustaff
Wizard

Sorted it, but typically i dont know how?

but I guess who cares, it wasnt calibre's fault though as i fixed it by playing with router.

Cheers kovid.