Trono began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
That's what I wanted to hear - thanks Harry
Trono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #17
mikecook
Enthusiast
mikecook began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Sony Reader, Kindle, and others.
I received an email from a BeBook representative letting me know that the BeBook also supports the ePub format. I have to say I didn't know this and even after a search on here I only found a couple of references.

Mobipocket and ePub...not bad.

I'm not sure yet if their ePub has support the Adobe DRM but even if not, it is great to see more devices supporting the ePub format.
mikecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #18
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecook View Post
I received an email from a BeBook representative letting me know that the BeBook also supports the ePub format. I have to say I didn't know this and even after a search on here I only found a couple of references.

Mobipocket and ePub...not bad.

I'm not sure yet if their ePub has support the Adobe DRM but even if not, it is great to see more devices supporting the ePub format.
Now that they support DRM for Mobipocket, I don't think we'll see Adobe DE on the BeBook.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
To expand on Hadrian's comment. MobiPocket typically requires DRM-exclusivity to allow its reader on an EInk device. So all the devices that support MOBI DRM will never support Adobe DE DRM.

The only exception would be if Adobe made it available for download without the support of the device vendor, which might be possible on the BeBook and the iLiad - however I have not seen any indication that Adobe will do this.

The other obvious work around would be to crack the DRM, but so far this has not been done with Adobe DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote