Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Numbers on Kindle sales

This site says......

http://kindlehomepage.blogspot.com/

Don't know the accuracy of his numbers......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I was going to read it but was frightened away by the page layout and formatting. I too, wonder where that number came from.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Just click on "Projecting a Kindle future" at the top of the page and it will take you to the article........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think this guy is guessing based on some really shoddy numbers. Just because PVI ramped up production does not mean that all those screens went to the Kindle. Remember, we also have the 505, the Gen3, and others all using the same 6" screen. Also he's guessing really badly based on the sales of some eBooks as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
They sound about right to me .... based on how many I have now seen in my part of the country.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
indieKindle
Stephen Windwalker
indieKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Bon point

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I was going to read it but was frightened away by the page layout and formatting. I too, wonder where that number came from.
Fear can be a good thing. Although I am an author with little in the way of page layout or formatting skills, I agree that my A Kindle Home Page site had become more than a little frayed under the pressure of recent demands. I embraced the message of your post and spent an hour or so cleaning it up last night while I was watching the Sox, and I hope the result is that it is now a little more navigable and easy on the eyes.

And that would allow you to take a look at where my numbers come from. I'm very interested in anyone's thoughts that might be intended to illuminate these issues, so feel free to comment either here or there.

Cheers,
Windwalker
indieKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hey Windwalker, thanks for listening (or reading as it were).

The page is MUCH easier to read. Bravo!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote