Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Use Enter key to turn page

Since the enter key really only does link navigation in the page group, I was wondering if we can reload/add it with pageturn function as well. The motivation of doing this is that, I feel, the enter key is the most comfortable one to press on PRS-505. And needless to say, next_page is the MOST frequently used key on an eReader.

In order to achieve this, I have to modify main.xml with something like this sudo code:

Code:
<kbookPage id="PAGE" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="30" href="x-id://bookData">
	<code>
		<function id="doCenter">
			if (this.isLink()) {
				this.gotoLink();
			} else this.bubble("doNext");
		</function>
This way, we can still preserve the link navigation function of the enter key. Now the question is, what is the library function for judging if an object is a link, and if it is, what is the library function to follow this link?

lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
That's a good idea - you might see if Jeff would add it to his 505 patcher application "PRSCustomizer."

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27177
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh, the code I listed are sudo-code, i.e., they don't work yet. I am asking expert's help to find out the proper function to call.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
See Gwynevans suggestion in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30689

I think you could use the same approach.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
See Gwynevans suggestion in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30689

I think you could use the same approach.
That thread shows how to map holding the "Enter" key down to an action.

In applicationStart.xml we have:

<boolean key="0x27" do="doCenter"/>
<boolean key="0x27-hold" do="doCenter"/>

So Enter and hold+Enter do the same thing.

I suggest mapping Enter to the page turn; this still leaves hold+Enter as it is at the moment:

<boolean key="0x27" do="doNext"/>

This seems to me the simplest solution. You just need to remember to hold down the Enter key to get it to do what it currently does.

Edit: I have just tried this and it works very well.

Last edited by ShellShock; 11-26-2008 at 05:03 PM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
lovebeta
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
That thread shows how to map holding the "Enter" key down to an action.

In applicationStart.xml we have:

<boolean key="0x27" do="doCenter"/>

So Enter and hold+Enter do the same thing.

I suggest mapping Enter to the page turn; this still leaves hold+Enter as it is at the moment:

<boolean key="0x27" do="doNext"/>

This seems to me the simplest solution. You just need to remember to hold down the Enter key to get it to do what it currently does.

Edit: I have just tried this and it works very well.
This is exactly what I did. It is not perfect, but I'll settle on this before I found the proper functional call. There aren't that many in page jumps anyway.