Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #286
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
For the Spanish readers among us. Our website is now also in Spanish.
standard => estándar or normal.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #287
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Thank you, will fix it immediately!
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #288
nitrocuadam
Enthusiast
nitrocuadam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello people
Any improvements on the dictionary so far?

I want a dictionary just as the same as Prs-600.I mean I want to check the word on the same page.

I'd written the same thing before but I just wanted to know if there are some improvements by the help of the improvements on the firmware.

Thanks
nitrocuadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #289
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrocuadam View Post
Hello people
Any improvements on the dictionary so far?

I want a dictionary just as the same as Prs-600.I mean I want to check the word on the same page.
You might want to start a new thread with this question in the new Onyx Boox forum here.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #290
piglab
piglab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600, PRS505, Kindle2, PRS900, Boox60, iPhone
I added a page to our wiki combining all current suggesions about Boox improvements from booxusers.com and Russian forums at http://wiki.booxusers.com/index.php?...re_Suggestions. Please feel free to add and edit that page.

Last edited by piglab; 03-24-2010 at 05:19 AM.
piglab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #291
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I don't have a Boox, I have a Pocketbook 360, but I wish it acted like my iPhone as well. I was surprised that I had to choose between connecting to the PC or charging and being able to still read.

With the iPhone connected to the USB you can charge/transfer files/keep using the device all at the same time.
My Sony PRS-900 and PRS-300 behave exactly the same way as your Pocketbook.
My Nokia phone however, just as your iPhone, can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I guess it's just one of those Phones are from Mars, and e-Readers from Venus things
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #292
amostafa
amostafa began at the beginning.

Hi everyone,

please, can you test the attached, it is a scanned Arabic book,
can you take a screen shot of the default then the zoomed in view for this file...

is turning a page in that scanned book, will make me lose the zooming in and the x and y positions i adjusted, or i have to zoom in and move the page around every time i turn the page?

THANKS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Al Hiah.pdf (3.02 MB, 248 views)
amostafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #293
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

I have tried it but the Boox doesn't zoom it. Probably because it is a scan.
I also couldn't get screenshots.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #294
amostafa

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
I have tried it but the Boox doesn't zoom it. Probably because it is a scan.
I also couldn't get screenshots.

Thanks pietvo, are you sure that Boox can not zoom in scanned books?, this is too bad , most of my Arabic books are scanned!!

any body know, if there a firmware or so to fix this?

pietvo, can you take a picture of what onyx view in this book to see if it readable or not?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 AM   #295
pietvo
Reader

Here are two pictures.
One Two

It was a bit difficult to get the camera straight. Also the screen is brighter in reality than the picture shows.

I also cropped the pages. I took away most of the white space around the text. I did this with the Preview program on the Mac. After that the pages look like this:

One Two

It could even be cropped a bit more to have a better filling of the screen.

I have firmware version 1.3 on the Boox.I also was surprised that it didn't zoom, because I thought other PDFs had zoomed before. Maybe this was with a previous version. You could ask on the booxusers.com forum.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #296
amostafa

Pietvo, Thank you.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #297
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Here are two pictures.
One Two

It was a bit difficult to get the camera straight. Also the screen is brighter in reality than the picture shows.

I also cropped the pages. I took away most of the white space around the text. I did this with the Preview program on the Mac. After that the pages look like this:

One Two

It could even be cropped a bit more to have a better filling of the screen.

I have firmware version 1.3 on the Boox.I also was surprised that it didn't zoom, because I thought other PDFs had zoomed before. Maybe this was with a previous version. You could ask on the booxusers.com forum.
Did you use the directional pad or the menu option? They function differently.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #298
pietvo
Reader

There was no menu option. And the directional pad only changed the font size, which makes no sense in this kind of document.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 AM   #299
kibje
from BooxUsers
kibje began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I have tried this with the latest 1.3 firmware (bebook neo branded, v1.3 20100324) and it works great.

I posted some pictures in another thread concerning Arabic texts on booxusers.com.

I have no clue why it didn't work for you pietvo, very weird.

Are you sure there was no menu option to use zoom?
The directional keys will try PDF reflowing: This will only work with PDF's that have either OCR'd text or selectable text (like PDF's made from MS Word or with PDF creators)
kibje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #300
Elvira
Enthusiast
Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Elvira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
thank you for providing such an indepth review... very helpful
Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx