Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
American culture revolves and wraps around "me".
At first I was going to argue against this but it does seem it is heading there a little more every day
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
AthenaAtDelphi
"Gnothi Seauton"
AthenaAtDelphi doesn't litterAthenaAtDelphi doesn't litter

Device: Asus Eee 1000H, BeBook Mini, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It astonishes me that anyone would be dishonest enough to even ask the question.
[Deleted by moderation.]

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-29-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: [COLOR="Green"][B][Deleted by moderation.][/B][/COLOR]
AthenaAtDelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #18
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
As the OP has only ever made one post it may be a case of thinking of something that would annoy/anger folks and he seems to have succeeded...suggest we ignore the post and let it die the death it deserves.

These seem to crop up every now and again with moral dillemas and we never hear from the OP again, he just sits back and watches his handywork
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't think this is a serious question, just something thrown in to annoy others.

BUT, it still got me wondering. I am under the impression Amazon keeps track of serial numbers of the Kindles. Is that correct? So, for example, should you get hold of a stolen one (that has been reported stolen) you cannot register it. Therefor you should be extra careful when buying used Kindles. Correct or not?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That is correct. Stolen Kindle are blacklisted and cannot be registered.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #21
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It astonishes me that anyone would be dishonest enough to even ask the question.
Yup. VERY strange.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Can I use the 2nd Kindle for anything?
You mean other than a means to hasten the complete disintegration an already crumbling moral fiber? No. I think you've pretty gotten all the use out of it that you can expect.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
As the OP has only ever made one post it may be a case of thinking of something that would annoy/anger folks and he seems to have succeeded...suggest we ignore the post and let it die the death it deserves.

These seem to crop up every now and again with moral dillemas and we never hear from the OP again, he just sits back and watches his handywork
Ah, good point. Moving along, nothing to see here...
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #24
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post

The OP's post seems suspiciously similar, if not identical, to one from a few months ago. As a matter of fact as I read it I thought "Oh great someone just revived a long dead thread!" So I agree, he is probably just agitating the waters again, perhaps under a new name.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #25
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
It astonishes me, Harry, that you think everyone shares our moral values. I'm more surprised when someone does the right thing than when they consider doing the wrong thing. American culture revolves and wraps around "me".
There are these types of people in every culture. Not sure why we are singling out Americans...
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #26
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
[Deleted by moderation.]

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-29-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Deletion
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
CAVALENCIA
CAVALENCIA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3g
Don't break what works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxton64 View Post
Hi all

I bought a Kindle from Amazon, but it did not arrive. I complained & got them to re-send. I now have 2, but have only paid for 1! Can I set up a new account for free? Can I use the 2nd Kindle for anything?

Thanks

Roxton.
I live in a country where the customer service is really far of being as good as the one Amazon has. I won't make comments about moral but I suggest you return the other device so Amazon and, the industry in general, keeps providing good customer service.

If we all take advantage of an effort to provide good service, in time, these companies won't be able to support it. Just think that if this happens and the same situation repeats in the future, you will be loosing your money.

CAVA.
CAVALENCIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #28
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I don't think this is a serious question, just something thrown in to annoy others.

BUT, it still got me wondering. I am under the impression Amazon keeps track of serial numbers of the Kindles. Is that correct? So, for example, should you get hold of a stolen one (that has been reported stolen) you cannot register it. Therefor you should be extra careful when buying used Kindles. Correct or not?
Correct. The "lost" one will be blacklisted. You see plenty of them on CL.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #29
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
[Deleted by moderation.]

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-29-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Deletion
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #30
DarkRose
DarkRose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Deleted my post cause this whole post was way less amusing after mod edit [Deleted by moderation.]

Last edited by DarkRose; 07-29-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Deletion
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote