Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2022, 09:34 PM   #1
b0baganush
b0baganush began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G (K3G)
Issues Installing KindleNotes

I recently upgraded my Kindle and wanted to re-purpose my old Kindle 3G as a notebook. I ran through the steps to jailbreak the device and I had no issues but when I tried to install KindleNotes I am not able to get the program to work.

I have followed all of the steps listed on the forum post:
-installing the jailbreak - no issues
-adding update_dev-key string to the whitelist file
-copying the application file into the documents folder
-copying the correct update file into the root directory

Now when I disconnect the device from my computer and navigate to the update option it is grayed out and I cannot select it. If I select Restart the device begins it's reboot process but then I end up getting the following message:

The update was not successful. To resume using your Kindle, press the (R) key on your keyboard. UPDATE ERROR: 3

I press (R) and the device boots back to the main screen. If I select the KindleNote application then I receive a message stating that the device is not registered as a Test Kindle.
Looking through the thread on the install walk through, there was another user on page 3 post #39 who had the exact same issue but then posts right after that saying that they fixed it because they didn't extract the desired files???

Has anyone else run into this issue or does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Are there any other note taking programs that I could install instead? My searches don't seem to bring anything else up. Thanks for any help
b0baganush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, kindlenotes, update error 3