Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #31
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
There are these types of people in every culture. Not sure why we are singling out Americans...
^This. Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
[Deleted by moderation.]
[Deleted by moderation.]

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-29-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Deletion
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #32
Stephen in Kent
Stephen in Kent began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Lets just say i would also return the kindle, but how many of these people that are saying that its wrong to keep this second kindle will download pirated books not purchased from kindle isnt this also theft?
Stephen in Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #33
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^I wouldn't/don't do either.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #34
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen in Kent View Post
Lets just say i would also return the kindle, but how many of these people that are saying that its wrong to keep this second kindle will download pirated books not purchased from kindle isnt this also theft?
Well they wouldn't be pirated books if you purchased it from Amazon lol

But no, I don't pirate ebooks. I don't even pirate music lol. I do put ebooks I haven't purchased from Amazon on my Kindle though but that's perfectly legal
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxton64 View Post
Can I use the 2nd Kindle for anything?
Level a table, frisbee for the dog, karate demonstrations... Lots of uses, really.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Level a table, frisbee for the dog, karate demonstrations... Lots of uses, really.
Screw a stick on one and they make a pretty decent flyswatter.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Well they wouldn't be pirated books if you purchased it from Amazon lol

But no, I don't pirate ebooks. I don't even pirate music lol. I do put ebooks I haven't purchased from Amazon on my Kindle though but that's perfectly legal

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #38
spacemonkey
Enthusiast
spacemonkey doesn't litterspacemonkey doesn't litter

Device: kindle 3 wifi
My loosely related anecdote.

I purchased some mail order from a different company, ended up in the same situation 2 lots of goods, but only paid for one.

Fair enough, I did the right thing, went into one of their physical stores, explained the situation and returned one set of the goods.

Unfortunately even though I had been very clear on the situation the shop explained all they could do was process them in as returns and give me a refund.

So ended with 1 lot of goods, and no monies paid... well, I tried to be honest and if they are that much of muppets then it's not my fault.
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #39
wesleyer
Connoisseur
wesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I had a similar experience with Amazon a few years ago. I bought 3 (physical) books from them. After waiting the maximum time they said it would take for me to receive them (I'm not in the US), I contacted their customer service and they sent the books again (this time by express mail), which I received.

To my surprise, a few days later I received the first order. I contacted them, explained what happened and their response was: "it would be too expensive to return the books to us, so maybe you could donate them to your local library".

I was really impressed. Most companies in my country don't offer that level of customer service.
wesleyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #40
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxton64 View Post
Hi all

I bought a Kindle from Amazon, but it did not arrive. I complained & got them to re-send. I now have 2, but have only paid for 1! Can I set up a new account for free? Can I use the 2nd Kindle for anything?

Thanks

Roxton.
You're kidding, right?
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote