Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
MikeK
MikeK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Dulin's Boox 60?! It has Wacom

Haven't seen this before today, but this look very promising. Anyone played with one of these yet? I'm looking for an e-ink solution that will be good for straight note taking (with new notes, and not note taking in books), and this one sounds promising.

http://www.dulinsbooks.com/index.php...d=655&parent=0

$349 isn't terrible either, if it does what it seems to.

Mike
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
MikeK
MikeK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Sorry, didn't do a full search before posting. I guess this isn't news to anyone but me. :-)
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yeah, onyx Boox 60 has been on the market for quite a while. Although only recently in the Us.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thanks Mike I don't mind the post We just made it "live" yesterday so any mention it gets is a good one

"Ubergizmo" asked "but is it enough to topple Amazon’s Goliath?"

Do all readers have to topple the Kindle? I hope there is room for more than Amazon
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
$350??? No, thank you very much!
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It's a very good device, you don't see ones with a wacom touchscreen. This means it doesn't glare like the sony prs-600/700/900 does. It also has a built-in web browser with wifi, no 3G.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
350 isn't too much. I'd even say it's a decent price. I only wish I had it in my wallet right now.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I watched the video and it did not discuss library management. Is there a folder structure? How are books organized? I will not buy another reader without some kind of library management beside the Kindle (that was because I wanted access to their bookstore).
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Yes you can sort your files by type,size,date,rating etc and make folders.
You have to make the folders when attached to computer, currently there is no on the fly folder making. I will be asking them to add that.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM   #10
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
It has Wacom so it will have touchscreen without sacrificing visual quality like the Sony and it makes note taking much better.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx