Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Weird thing with Calibre and ZIP files.

so I added a whole bunch of zip files to Calibre to Convert them to EPUB strange thing is only some of them turned into CBZ and others didn't any one know why?

Last edited by GoldThreader; 04-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldThreader View Post
so I added a whole bunch of zip files to Calibre to Convert them to EPUB strange thing is only some of them turned into CBZ and others didn't any one know why?
Zip files are just containers (epub is a container with a bunch of RULES, including play order.)

You Zip must have appeared to be mostly picture based files to convert to CBZ. HTML would have a Index file if more than 1 HTML file in the Zip to establish the chain.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #3
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Zip files are just containers (epub is a container with a bunch of RULES, including play order.)

You Zip must have appeared to be mostly picture based files to convert to CBZ. HTML would have a Index file if more than 1 HTML file in the Zip to establish the chain.
Yes, every file in them is a picture but my question is why were only some labelled as CBZ and others as zip?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldThreader View Post
Yes, every file in them is a picture but my question is why were only some labelled as CBZ and others as zip?
I may be wrong but I think you added some files with .zip as the extension and some files with .cbz as the extension.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will treat a zip file as cbz if and only if it has *only* pictures and no other files in it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I may be wrong but I think you added some files with .zip as the extension and some files with .cbz as the extension.
No they were all .zip exstention
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
GoldThreader
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre will treat a zip file as cbz if and only if it has *only* pictures and no other files in it.
Well, thats strange because that is exactly what every single one of them is so they should all be CBZ from that info but there not.