Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #16
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
When reading on my Storm 2 I find I can increase battery life significantly by going into the connections menu and turning off all outside connections. That way it is not using battery power constantly seeking for cellphone towers. I have found that this can increase my battery life by up to 4-5 hrs per charge. An added plus is that I am not disturbed by anything when reading which suits me fine.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #17
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Btw, ever since last time around, I've realized I can go all day long without recharging simply by keeping internet usage to a minimum or even not at all. Playing stored music all day long seems to consume very little, as well as reading. Thus, classic books and classical music are a perfect match for a productive day...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I used to read sometimes on my Blackberry Pearl (really small screen!) until I got my Android phone.

I rarely would read for a long time on the Pearl since the screen was so small - when at home I preferred to use my Sony Reader or my PDA.

But on a few fast cross-country trips, trying to cut down on what I was carrying, I would take just the phone and it would last for the whole trip - a couple of flights and a quick change of planes.

That was with all the connections off, and the screen dimmed a bit, except during the change of planes.

I really liked the convenience of having some books along without having to carry an extra device, but that's getting into the "reading on your smartphone" discussion, so I'll stop here.

The battery did fine for long-term reading as long as I was smart about it.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #19
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I'm using a BB and the battery is exceptionally good for 2 to 4 hours of reading. Keep in mind, besides reading I'm heavy on texting, bbm and web browsing as well. I would have about 20% battery life left at the end of the day.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
I'm using a BB and the battery is exceptionally good for 2 to 4 hours of reading. Keep in mind, besides reading I'm heavy on texting, bbm and web browsing as well. I would have about 20% battery life left at the end of the day.
I'll second that. I rarely run out of battery before I run out of me.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert