Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
cko1x
cko1x doesn't littercko1x doesn't litter

Device: Sony Daily Reader PRS950
Reader Discounts

I just received the Sony Christmas catalog and it lists $30 discounts on the PRS-350 and PRS-650 and $50 off the PRS-950. The dates for this price are Nov. 15 thru Nov. 27. I paid $299 for a PRS-950 a week or so ago and want my $50 back.
cko1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cko1x View Post
I just received the Sony Christmas catalog and it lists $30 discounts on the PRS-350 and PRS-650 and $50 off the PRS-950. The dates for this price are Nov. 15 thru Nov. 27. I paid $299 for a PRS-950 a week or so ago and want my $50 back.
My experience is that Sony customer service will tell you they cannot provide a refund because you bought it before the sale. You can return it and then buy it again at the discounted price. But that means you are out a Reader while you wait for the discounted one... plus the hassle (and cost?) of shipping your current Reader back to Sony.
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
cko1x

I'm starting to experience the run around. I called Sony and they said that I should get the rebate from Best Buy since that is where I bought it. I called Best Buy and they said to take the receipt and catalog showing the price to the customer service where I bought it. I did that this morning and they said that they only offer price matching rebates if it is on sale at a retail store in the area so now I'm looking for the $249.99 price somewhere in Ohio. What expect to find is that only Best Buy handles the Sony in Ohio and they are holding their price at $299.99. What a bunch of BS. I should have bought a Nook or i-Pad I guess.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Can your local Best Buy call a Sony Style Store in Ohio and confirm the discounted price? Sounds like a simple thing for customer service to do.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
eriksnoopy
Connoisseur
eriksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-950 (broken screen) kobo aura hd
just enjoy your reader and be happy that you had it before the rest of us once i order it im going to have to pay over 400$ anyway..
eriksnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
if you bought it from best buy, they have a 30 day price guarantee. Although the fine print says it has to be a B&M within a certain distance to the store, but most should give it to you if you bring in the ad. Just go to the store and say you found the unit on sale at a competitor and you would like the difference refunded, otherwise return it. There is no restocking fee.

Sony isn't going to do anything, it is not their responsibility since you purchased from a reseller and not directly from them.

Good Luck

---dcross9818
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
wn0x
wn0x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wn0x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wn0x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wn0x has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I had originally purchased one of the BB demo units, which I returned rather than mess around with BB anymore. The price on the 950 dropped $50, a week after my purchase from the SonyStyle store (originally $299).

I called SonyStyle today, and they advised they will process a $50 credit (plus sales tax) to my cc card. Other than a 20 minute wait on the phone, the process was painless and the associate was helpful.

A friend of mine purchased a 950 from BB at the same time I did, but kept his. He is going to stop by BB today and see if they will honor their price match policy.
wn0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
cko1x

FYI, I just got my $50 back from Best Buy. Their Nov. 21 ad showed the PRS-950 for $249.99. I took my sales receipt in and they immediately credited my account.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cko1x View Post
FYI, I just got my $50 back from Best Buy. Their Nov. 21 ad showed the PRS-950 for $249.99. I took my sales receipt in and they immediately credited my account.
Same thing for me. I went into the store armed with a copy of the sony web page, but checked their display area first and saw the price had been reduced. No questions asked, just a nice refund of $50.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote