Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Say Yes to Murder

New pulp fiction novel at www.munseys.com:

Say Yes to Murder by WT Ballard.

Delicious pulp fiction novel first published in 1942 with nice original cover and available in a lot of different formats!

The eBooks at Munseys have been reformatted and all the formats do feature a TOC and a lot of bugs have been ironed out.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
New pulp fiction novel at www.munseys.com:

Say Yes to Murder by WT Ballard.

Delicious pulp fiction novel first published in 1942 with nice original cover and available in a lot of different formats!

The eBooks at Munseys have been reformatted and all the formats do feature a TOC and a lot of bugs have been ironed out.
Thanks for this Didn't realise it was free until I headed over there.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Thanks for this Didn't realise it was free until I headed over there.
Mister Moynihan (the man behind Munseys and earlier Blackmask) loves his pulp classics and there are a lot of "special editions" available. (with original covers). Ed Lacy is quite prominently featured!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Mister Moynihan (the man behind Munseys and earlier Blackmask) loves his pulp classics and there are a lot of "special editions" available. (with original covers). Ed Lacy is quite prominently featured!
I love pulp fiction, and I don't know why, but I was under the impression Munsey's was a pay site. Wasn't there a big bru-ha-ha a few years ago about Black Mask and the Doc Savage books being offered and some other things and then Munsey's grew from that? In any case, more stuff for me to read
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I love pulp fiction, and I don't know why, but I was under the impression Munsey's was a pay site. Wasn't there a big bru-ha-ha a few years ago about Black Mask and the Doc Savage books being offered and some other things and then Munsey's grew from that? In any case, more stuff for me to read
Yes, you remember that right! They have some exquisite pulp fiction!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Yes, you remember that right! They have some exquisite pulp fiction!

Now I'll end up hooked on this site and never read anything else again, and just looking at those covers I'm itching to resurrect my old pulp pseudonym and crank out some hard-boiled tales.....
Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Now I'll end up hooked on this site and never read anything else again, and just looking at those covers I'm itching to resurrect my old pulp pseudonym and crank out some hard-boiled tales.....
Please do! Looking forward to that!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Quote:
Please do! Looking forward to that!
yes, i hope that's not just a tease, moejoe ! i'd love to read them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, i hope that's not just a tease, moejoe ! i'd love to read them.
My first reading love was Pulp Fiction (hardboiled detective). I read all of Max Brand's detective output and as many as I could get my hands on of his Western (what we called Cowee) books. And of course there was Chandler and Hammett and Spillaine and MacDonald....and on and on...

My pulp character is called Elliot Finch, a guy whose handy with his fists but desperately wants to get his cafe off the ground and leave his violent life behind him (the same cafe that appears in some of the Suggested Oddities stories) he also has a Jack Russell dog called called Steinbeck. I've already written three short novels with Elliot Finch, when I get some time, I might edit them too
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
My first reading love was Pulp Fiction (hardboiled detective). I read all of Max Brand's detective output and as many as I could get my hands on of his Western (what we called Cowee) books. And of course there was Chandler and Hammett and Spillaine and MacDonald....and on and on...

My pulp character is called Elliot Finch, a guy whose handy with his fists but desperately wants to get his cafe off the ground and leave his violent life behind him (the same cafe that appears in some of the Suggested Oddities stories) he also has a Jack Russell dog called called Steinbeck. I've already written three short novels with Elliot Finch, when I get some time, I might edit them too
Can't wait!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:28 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i've spent many a lost hour with chandler and hammett and spillane, myself. they're some of my all-time favourites. i can't wait to read about elliot finch, seriously. please do publish those soon !!!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Can't wait!
Quote:
i've spent many a lost hour with chandler and hammett and spillane, myself. they're some of my all-time favourites. i can't wait to read about elliot finch, seriously. please do publish those soon !!!
I didn't think anybody would be interested. I wrote them for a bit of fun and because I like pulp fiction. They're set over three years 1947 - 1949 in San Francisco / Chicago / London each tale sees Finch hired by someone under the promise that he'll get <that elusive something> that will allow him to open or reopen his cafe to the public - the last tale sees Finch trying to find his dog and that takes him to London.

The titles are:

Midnight at the Mermaid Cafe

The Big Hurt

An Angel at Dawn
Old 08-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I didn't think anybody would be interested. I wrote them for a bit of fun and because I like pulp fiction. They're set over three years 1947 - 1949 in San Francisco / Chicago / London each tale sees Finch hired by someone under the promise that he'll get <that elusive something> that will allow him to open or reopen his cafe to the public - the last tale sees Finch trying to find his dog and that takes him to London.

The titles are:

Midnight at the Mermaid Cafe

The Big Hurt

An Angel at Dawn
not interested ???? are you joking ????? i LOVE that kind of thing !! and the more i hear of this elliot finch, the more he sounds right up my street !! please do publish them, i really would love to read them ! and i'm sure i'm not the only one...
Old 08-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
not interested ???? are you joking ????? i LOVE that kind of thing !! and the more i hear of this elliot finch, the more he sounds right up my street !! please do publish them, i really would love to read them ! and i'm sure i'm not the only one...
Excellent! I will put them out soonish then, and bonus, I get to do some old-style pulpy covers

Here's a bit I just dug up:

Quote:
I yawned. It was one of those big yawns that threatens to take you over and never let go. The kind of snake-jawed, lion-roaring action that you just don't let happen in polite company.

The company wasn't so polite.

"That's rude, Mr. Finch," Lazarus said. "I don't suffer rudeness, especially not here in my office. And especially not from a man of your dubious character. Instruct Mr.Finch on what happens to those who insult me, will you." He clicked his fingers and the gorilla called Mooley that stood to his right lurched forward.

Mooley had a big dumb grin on his big dumb face as he ground his big dumb hands into one another.

I stopped yawning.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

moejoe, you just made my day.